ETA errors on navagation

Philip2

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Have been using my on board navigation during my business trips which have to pass through Los Angeles. I know from experience the arrival time it gives me is way off. As I drive closer to my destination it eventually corrects but this is usually in the last 30 minutes of a 3 to 4 Hour drive. My portable Garmin, I used to use in my previous car never did this. When I simultaneously punch in these addresses on my Garmin and inboard navigation, the Garmin will initially give me a probably correct ETA, which is usually 50 minutes later than the inboard ETA. I would assume my inboard navigation is just dividing the distance by estimated speed where the Garmin is actually figuring in the almost daily traffic jams through Los Angeles.

I have Sirius, so it should be figuring in traffic flow.
Can you explain this? Am I doing something wrong or is my navigation system not getting traffic for some reason?

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I have Sirius, so it should be figuring in traffic flow.
Can you explain this? Am I doing something wrong or is my navigation system not getting traffic for some reason?
I assume you can see the traffic on your map so traffic must be getting figured in. I also use the recommended route, not fastest. “This provides guidance through route with optimal
traffic conditions by reflecting traffic and historical traffic
information.”
I live in LA and I find that the destination time is pretty accurate except for maybe first few minutes where it hasn’t received the traffic update yet.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.