Exhaust note for 3.3T Sport (US model)

50jae

Hasn't posted much yet...
Going back to the US G70 exhaust note, I recorded it on my phone prior to my test drive because it sounded pretty mean. I think Pd705's video is representative although the growl is louder in my video possibly due to no wind. It has a nice base rumbling note that I loved and thus took a video recording of. Too lazy to upload it on youtube though.

Edit: was actually pretty easy to upload, lol.

Last edited:

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Question...does changing the Drive Mode alter the exterior exhaust sound? Or just interior?

The S4/S5 changes the exterior sound. Has a physical damper.

I remember it sounded good...but did not test the different modes.

One thing I forgot to mess with.

50jae

There's a separate setting to allow how much amplified engine sound you want piped into the interior, but I don't think it's affected by drive mode. Furthermore there's no way to modify the exterior exhaust note with any settings to my knowledge but PD705 can correct me if I am wrong

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There's a separate setting to allow how much amplified engine sound you want piped into the interior, but I don't think it's affected by drive mode. Furthermore there's no way to modify the exterior exhaust note with any settings to my knowledge but PD705 can correct me if I am wrong
Yeah...I know that...adjusting the internal sound.

Wondering if exterior sound is consistent...or if it varies. It would need to have dynamic/adjustable flaps to vary the sound.

The Audi is pretty cool that it has that.

devellis

Been here awhile...
North Carolina
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Adjustable outside sound is a great feature but I've seen nothing to indicate that the G70 has it. If it did, I think someone would have mentioned it by now. It's trivially easy to pump up the interior sound. But as Beefer says, it would take a more complex arrangement in the actual exhaust system to make the exterior sound alterable.

PD705

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah...I know that...adjusting the internal sound.

Wondering if exterior sound is consistent...or if it varies. It would need to have dynamic/adjustable flaps to vary the sound.

The Audi is pretty cool that it has that.
Would be cool, but no, it does not alter actual exhaust tone by drive mode. Same at all times, just varies with engine load and throttle position.

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
In Canada the 2.0 sport has a sport exhaust but the 3.3 sport doesn't. The 2.0 sport also is rear wheel drive and is manual while the 3.3 sport is all wheel and auto. I think Genesis made a mistake not including the sport exhaust on the 3.3 sport. Thoughts?

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
In Canada the 2.0 sport has a sport exhaust but the 3.3 sport doesn't. The 2.0 sport also is rear wheel drive and is manual while the 3.3 sport is all wheel and auto. I think Genesis made a mistake not including the sport exhaust on the 3.3 sport. Thoughts?
Actually I don't think there is a sports exhaust. That was in the pre-production version. Same as Brembo for the 2.0T Prestige.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.