• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Experience with SoCal Dealers?

Teller2

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Hello Genesis enthusiasts! I live in Orange County and am in the beginning stages of getting a new Genesis. For those members who purchased or interacted with SoCal dealers, what has your purchasing/negotiation/lease/financing experience been with them? Are there any you would not recommend? I am sadly inexperienced with the whole "dealer" game, having purchased my vehicle used many years ago.

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There are good and bad people at the same dealer, so experiences can vary. But my experience involved using a Circle plan and trying to get dealers to honor it. (At the time, not many Genesis G70s were available, and I was told by many dealers that they would not honor it).

I too am in Orange County, and I bought my G70 from Genesis of La Quinta. They treated me well, honored the Circle Plan pricing, and were super easy to work with. It’s a bit of a trek, but well worth it for the experience and the deal.

Huntington Beach Genesis/Hyundai also said they would honor the Circle plan, but at the time, didn’t have the car I was looking for, so I didn’t pursue them any further. Not sure how they would be to deal with, but they were good with following up.

If you can, try to get your post count up by visiting/posting or responding in this forum. There’s a member here named “R-Spec” that can help with a circle plan.

Hopefully this helps!

Teller2

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Thank you for reporting your experience! So far, I have visited the Laguna Genesis/Hyundai dealership for a test drive, but have not broached the subject of pricing/numbers. When you mentioned that the car you were looking for was not in stock, I realized that I may have the same problem since manual transmission isn't very common.

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
When you mentioned that the car you were looking for was not in stock, I realized that I may have the same problem since manual transmission isn't very common.
Ah, OK, you’re looking for a G70 with the manual transmission and 2.0 motor. Those are pretty limited in supply because of the production mix (about 5% of production). I would look around and see which dealer might have one in stock (and be sure to test drive it to ensure it meets you’re expectations.)

The good thing about a Circle plan is that, if the dealer accepts it, there’s really no negotiation. Genesis calls out what the pricing to be charged is, and you’re just deciding on dealer added options (if you want any at all.)

Let us know if you need help locating a G70 2.0 manual. I’m sure the folks on this forum have (or can help locate) one. 🙂

Huntington Beach Genesis shows they have two 2.0 manuals: One in Victoria Black, the other in Himalayan Grey. Good luck! 👍🏻AAE45385-2DB6-4893-B1D3-58106E3A8EDB.jpeg

Teller2

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Huntington Beach Genesis shows they have two 2.0 manuals: One in Victoria Black, the other in Himalayan Grey. Good luck! 👍🏻
Thank you! I test drove one in Laguna, but want to test drive another to double-check the clutch pedal. It felt a bit strange to me and I'm not sure whether it's that particular car or just the Genesis clutch in general.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I test drove a G70 in Huntington Beach and they seemed pretty gung-ho to help when I was at the dealership and told them I was ready to buy once they got my car in stock. Never got a call back from them, but I did call in to ask about Circle-A and they said they likely wouldn't honor it on the G70 (and then promptly never called me back with a final answer).

Genesis Irvine was good about following up, but they just didn't have the car I wanted at the right time. Not a ton of experience with them, so I'll leave it at that. No clue about circle A acceptance

Genesis of Glendale said they would accept circle-A and worked to get the car I wanted. I really only called on a whim to see if I could get the car I wanted earlier through a dealer swap or something, but they actually managed to call me before Laguna Niguel did about my car. The problem was that they were calling about swapping for the car I had a deposit on at Laguna Niguel. Short awkward conversation later I was calling the GSM at Laguna to figure out when I should go in to finalize everything. LOL

Full detail of my experiences with Allen Hyundai/Genesis of Laguna Niguel
Genesis Laguna Niguel, CA

An addendum to my experience, the scratches/swirls in the paint were basically just filled in with a wax. A couple car washes later and I can see them again. I know it isn't me because I personally wash my car and only make linear strokes with the mitt/cloth. I've learned to pay less attention for now and I'll spend some money chasing after the issue once there's a bit more to work on. I will continue to update that thread with my experiences and hope to see good customer service from them in the future

Teller2

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Full detail of my experiences with Allen Hyundai/Genesis of Laguna Niguel
Genesis Laguna Niguel, CA

An addendum to my experience, the scratches/swirls in the paint were basically just filled in with a wax. A couple car washes later and I can see them again.
I read the full thread, and... the G70 they presented to me for test drive was filthy on the outside, as though the last time it saw a wash of any sort was in Korea. Yikes!

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I read the full thread, and... the G70 they presented to me for test drive was filthy on the outside, as though the last time it saw a wash of any sort was in Korea. Yikes!
My theory is that it has to do with the lack of detailers in the back. Tops 2 people in the back cleaning cars, so they want to keep volume to a minimum. As such, it'll only get washed when you are signing paperwork.