Factory license plate bracket.

KayGee03

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I have a 2019 G90 and am unsure on how to plate the factory license plate holder on the front of the car. No pre-drilled screw holes are available. How should I mount it? Oh and it came with screws but no directions.

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
On my G80, the custom bracket fits into the grill nicely. Just fit it there, center it, and drill pilot holes where the screws go.

Jlapaglia

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My g70 has very small circles or points where the bracket screws go. I would look with a flashlight really close to see if there are any.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Don’t do it. Drilling and installing plates on the front of cars should be outlawed. Makes um look ugly. Don’t see cops driving backwards that often so it’s not like they see it in a chase.

Richard Mississauga

Old Fart
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Canada
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
@pulsar Truly great advice. Never obey the law if you don't like it! Especially traffic safety laws!

Of course, if you happen to get pulled over for speeding, or running a red light, or whatever, the nice officer will allow you to add an additional fine to your list for not having a front plate.

As for not driving backwards.... this works well if you only drive on one way streets. Once you friendly neighborhood police man is driving towards you, he will immediately notice the lack of a front plate and be more than happy to spend a minute with you reviewing all of your paperwork before handing you a nice note reminding you of your obligations.

Sigh.

Mr. Incredible

G80 gone, still a Hyundai owner. 2021 Palisade
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Don’t do it. Drilling and installing plates on the front of cars should be outlawed. Makes um look ugly. Don’t see cops driving backwards that often so it’s not like they see it in a chase.
lol, has nothing to do with cops driving backwards or chases.

has to do with traffic cameras: HOV lanes, red light, speed traps, and other forms of revenue generation via the vehicle code.

pulsar

SUSTAINING MEMBER
DFW, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
@pulsar Truly great advice. Never obey the law if you don't like it! Especially traffic safety laws!

Of course, if you happen to get pulled over for speeding, or running a red light, or whatever, the nice officer will allow you to add an additional fine to your list for not having a front plate.

As for not driving backwards.... this works well if you only drive on one way streets. Once you friendly neighborhood police man is driving towards you, he will immediately notice the lack of a front plate and be more than happy to spend a minute with you reviewing all of your paperwork before handing you a nice note reminding you of your obligations.

Sigh.
One could argue what front license plates and traffic safety have to do with each other? Not arguing just making a statement. As Mr Incredible has stated it’s revenue generation mostly. Fortunately in Texas where I’m at red light cameras have been outlawed. Toll ways look at the back of your car generally. Like speeding, we choose to live dangerously or not? Been lucky that during my adult life Texas cops seem to have better things to do than jack with someone with no front plate. Yes, I ignore certain stupid laws and take my chances. If your in a state with really anal cops about front plates or not using your turn signal when turning, come on down to Texas. Just make sure your insured for we have enough SOBs with no insurance already. When I’m not driving my car I’m on my horse with 12 gallon cowboy hat on and my trusty six shooter. Yep, living on the edge here.

Mr. Incredible

G80 gone, still a Hyundai owner. 2021 Palisade
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
One could argue what front license plates and traffic safety have to do with each other? Not arguing just making a statement. As Mr Incredible has stated it’s revenue generation mostly. Fortunately in Texas where I’m at red light cameras have been outlawed. Toll ways look at the back of your car generally. Like speeding, we choose to live dangerously or not? Been lucky that during my adult life Texas cops seem to have better things to do than jack with someone with no front plate. Yes, I ignore certain stupid laws and take my chances. If your in a state with really anal cops about front plates or not using your turn signal when turning, come on down to Texas. Just make sure your insured for we have enough SOBs with no insurance already. When I’m not driving my car I’m on my horse with 12 gallon cowboy hat on and my trusty six shooter. Yep, living on the edge here.
the last line made me LOL..

in CA our HOV and Toll cameras get the front and back, and starting in January they are also going to be able to determine how many people are actually in the car, my understanding is it is some level of lidar and infrared to determine if there are heat signatures for multiple occupants, I got the notice from Metro Fast Trak about it a few months ago.

anything to tax and steal from the poor and middle class I guess, got to justify that massive county approved overtime.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums