• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Factory Windshield Washer Fluid

ephone1

Registered Member
Does anyone know what kind of windshield washer fluid is used at the factory? I know its a weird question, but I like the way it works and it doesn't have dye in it. It does smell like rubbing alcohol.

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I'd just invest $3 in some RainX 2in1 cleaner vs. a $20 jar of concentrate that you have to mix.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Genesis refills it for you for free...for the first 3 years.

Last edited:

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Wrong...Genesis has (or should) have specs on all fluids used.
Eh. The only thing it says is to use washer solvent with antifreeze characteristics to prevent freezing. There is nothing about brand, solvent/water mix ratio, with or w/out Rain-X, etc. It's washer fluid. Dealers can use whatever they want. I've been with Hyundai/Genesis for 17 years, and not once during any of my parts audits have they asked about the washer fluid we use. This is a large expense for a dealership every month, so they are all out to get the cheapest stuff they can get that still does the job.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Eh. The only thing it says is to use washer solvent with antifreeze characteristics to prevent freezing. There is nothing about brand, solvent/water mix ratio, with or w/out Rain-X, etc. It's washer fluid. Dealers can use whatever they want. I've been with Hyundai/Genesis for 17 years, and not once during any of my parts audits have they asked about the washer fluid we use. This is a large expense for a dealership every month, so they are all out to get the cheapest stuff they can get that still does the job.
I just went by what my service manager said. He said that they have a cheat-cheat of what Genesis recommends, etc...and they adhere to it. But yeah...plenty of shitty dealers out there do whatever.

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I just went by what my service manager said. He said that they have a cheat-cheat of what Genesis recommends, etc...and they adhere to it. But yeah...plenty of shitty dealers out there do whatever.
They only washer solvent Hyundai/Genesis sells are tablets that dissolve in water. They sent us samples of it when they introduced it years ago. We tried it, it didn't work very well, so we continued with what we were doing.

ephone1

Registered Member
They only washer solvent Hyundai/Genesis sells are tablets that dissolve in water. They sent us samples of it when they introduced it years ago. We tried it, it didn't work very well, so we continued with what we were doing.
I had no idea they made tablets that dissolve in water.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was under the impression that starting with MY2019 cars (G70 being first)...that service folks have to (new) follow rules more closely. Oh well.

Either way...I have been to the dealer already to get a refill at no charge...and it smells and works identically to the stuff from the factory. So I am happy :)

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I loved the smell of the washer fluid in the car when it was new and I asked my GXM to find me some to buy and I was told I couldn't buy it and the stuff they use to fill during service doesn't have the same smell as the stuff from the factory. Very disappointing but if someone can find the good smelling stuff I really would like some!! For the car... not to drink or anything like that...

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
How the hell are you able to even smell the stuff when you're car?? Do you get out of the car and sniff the windshield?? So weird!

RTK

Registered Member
SoCal
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’m still on factory fill of washer fluid, but when it gets low, I’ll fill it with the same fluid I’ve used for all my other cars: Nextzett Kristal Klar

A few years ago, I would have said to use any washer fluid that works. But in my German cars, I’ve found that washer pumps and nozzles foul and plug up with some of the normal washer fluids. The Nextzett works well, smells good, and doesn’t seam to gum up the washer pumps or nozzles. (Never had a washer nozzle problem with my current or former American or Japanese cars, but regardless, this stuff works well so I use it.)

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’m still on factory fill of washer fluid, but when it gets low, I’ll fill it with the same fluid I’ve used for all my other cars: Nextzett Kristal Klar

A few years ago, I would have said to use any washer fluid that works. But in my German cars, I’ve found that washer pumps and nozzles foul and plug up with some of the normal washer fluids. The Nextzett works well, smells good, and doesn’t seam to gum up the washer pumps or nozzles. (Never had a washer nozzle problem with my current or former American or Japanese cars, but regardless, this stuff works well so I use it.)
Has alcohol in it? Helps piping keep unclogged...cleans better...and smells great. My buddy uses it.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums