Favorite Color Combos for G70

AnyVare

Hasn't posted much yet...
VA
Hi Everyone,

Based on the color charts in the catalog from the main Genesis site, what are you favorite color combos?

For me, I like the following combo and hope to see them arrive in the USA.

Model 2.0/2.2 Exterior/Interior
Platinum Silver/Black
Royal Blue/Brown two-tone

Model 3.3T Exterior - Interior
Platinum Silver/Sport Red
Blazing Red/Sport Red
Royal Blue/Sport Gray
Lapis Blue/Sport Gray

Color combos I wish were available...
I'd like to see the Gray two-tone and Brown two-tone available as options for the 3.3T models.

What are your favorites?

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I like:

Mallorca Blue / Sport Red or Grey
Casablanca White / Sport Red
Siberian Ice / Sport Red
Himalayan Grey / Brown
Santiago Silver / Black

I don't like:

Adriatic Blue in general on the G70. Looks far better on the G80 5.0.

TO Genesis

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Toronto
I like:

Mallorca Blue / Sport Red or Grey
Casablanca White / Sport Red
Siberian Ice / Sport Red
Himalayan Grey / Brown
Santiago Silver / Black

I don't like:

Adriatic Blue in general on the G70. Looks far better on the G80 5.0.
Mallorca Blue was the colour they had on the stand at the Toronto Auto Show - great looking colour. Also looking forward to seeing Siberian Ice. Adriatic Blue looks good in pictures but I guess I'll need to see what it looks like in real life. Like the dark chrome on the Sport as it makes an otherwise overly garish grille palatable. My only grumble is the black only interior (albeit with a choice of stitching colours) for the Sport. Have had cars with black interiors seemingly forever and was looking for a change on my next car. Oh well, First World problems.

GenesisYEG

Been here awhile...
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Mallorca Blue was the colour they had on the stand at the Toronto Auto Show - great looking colour. Also looking forward to seeing Siberian Ice. Adriatic Blue looks good in pictures but I guess I'll need to see what it looks like in real life. Like the dark chrome on the Sport as it makes an otherwise overly garish grille palatable. My only grumble is the black only interior (albeit with a choice of stitching colours) for the Sport. Have had cars with black interiors seemingly forever and was looking for a change on my next car. Oh well, First World problems.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Be9GCj1ldSQ/

Not my favorite color on the G70. In person it looks too muted for the G70's shape and details IMO.

Buckdes

Getting familiar with the group...
I agree, i almost wanna wait until next year to see if they will do a red leather with black stiching

Drezz

Registered Member
Rochester, NY, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I'm usually a blue/bright blue guy [hello, Mallorca Blue, BMW Estoril Blue, Audi Sepang Blue Pearl, and VW Golf R Lapiz Blue!]. Yet Siberian Ice is an interesting option as part of the "new wave" of modern colors. Very limited options to see it in person for U.S. so far...

Last edited:

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm usually a blue/bright blue guy [hello, Mallorca Blue, BMW Estoril Blue and Audi Sepang Blue Pearl!]. Yet Siberian Ice is an interesting option as part of the "new wave" of modern colors. Very limited options to see it in person for U.S. so far...
Each of the few dealers have at least one I think. Also...look for a G80 in SI...same color...so you can take a gander.

Dpaulc

Registered Member
I know it's still early in the roll-out, but I haven't seen a 3.3T Sport with the Sport gray-stitched interior. Definitely my preferred interior choice, but I haven't seen the Sport red yet either. Maybe it looks better in person, but I feel it's too loud.

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I know it's still early in the roll-out, but I haven't seen a 3.3T Sport with the Sport gray-stitched interior. Definitely my preferred interior choice, but I haven't seen the Sport red yet either. Maybe it looks better in person, but I feel it's too loud.
Definitely looks better in person. I didn't want it until I saw it in person and then changed my order from the gray stitching to the red stitching. No regrets. Although mine is a Himalayan Gray and so is very dark and the red adds a bit of color which is nice. It may be a bit much with some other exterior colors.

Gee Bee

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

SirFrederick

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have the list of the Canadian colours attached and I'm curious about a few them. I thought the red was metallic but it appears it may not be. Can any red owners confirm that there is no metallic flake in the red?

I've also read that people are referring to the siberian ice color as matte. When I look at pictures it appears to be glossy and not matte. It definitely doesn't have a metallic flake but still appears glossy. In the list it does not state pearl, metallic or mica and is the only color that doesn't have one of those three.

Attachments

Dpaulc

Registered Member
'Ive also read that people are referring to the siberian ice color as matte. When I look at pictures it appears to be glossy and not matte. It definitely doesn't have a metallic flake but still appears glossy. In the list it does not state pearl, metallic or mica and is the only color that doesn't have one of those three.
Siberian Ice is a glossy flat paint

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Dpaulc

Registered Member
I've use glossy paint, flat paint, satin paint, but never heard of glossy flat paint. Can you please describe it?

There are metallic paints and non-metallic paints.
It's akin to putting a clear gloss coating on a grayish-blue white paint that you'd use to cover your house's wall. Have you seen the Ceramic Gray on the Stinger or Nardo Gray on an Audi?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.