Features that I finally got to work.

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I haven't heard that one, either. Crazy if that's what happens.

As voice response becomes ubiquitous, improvements are needed. Genesis is the worst of my VR devices, but it's not alone in poor performance. I'm a real tech fan. Most of my home and some of my big boat is voice-controlled using Amazon Alexa. I have at least a dozen Alexa units in my home, and one of them can hear me from almost anywhere inside. Alexa give boneheaded response to my requests sometimes, but not as often as Genesis. For example, I use an elliptical in our home gym almost every day. To turn it on, I'll say, "Alexa, turn on elliptical" so it's booted up and ready for me. I do this nearly every day, I'm the only voice that ever asks that, and a couple of times Alexa's responded "I don't have anything named lip tickle"; another time it responded "I don't have anything named electrical." Granted, they sound similar and with ambient noise interfering, Alexa may have trouble hearing what I said. But this is what a call sloppy or lazy programming. I have dozens of devices on voice response - lights, fans, cameras, thermostat, water valves, water heater, door locks, plugs, etc., and not one of the other devices sound like elliptical. I'm the only one that asks to turn on the elliptical, I do it almost every day, usually about the same time, so they should be able to deduce I mean elliptical. I can understand not wanting to turn on a device if it's not certain it heard correctly, but at the very least it should respond with "Did you mean elliptical?"
It’s come to this? People argue with machines?

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I always had it a little difficulty getting in my car in the garage. I’ve been reluctant to test the remote movement of the car as of yet a little uneasy with the safeguards. So, I said to myself wouldn’t it nice if I can get the car out to the driveway then get in. I decided to start it through my Alexa echo device and see it still worked in that manner. (I had to set up two references to fit the car in safely as my garage is small) Sure, enough it was amazing to watch with minimal clearance on each side the car pull out perfectly straight and operate with such good control. I like it. I think I’ll do that more often.

dapribek

Registered Member
I always had it a little difficulty getting in my car in the garage. I’ve been reluctant to test the remote movement of the car as of yet a little uneasy with the safeguards. So, I said to myself wouldn’t it nice if I can get the car out to the driveway then get in. I decided to start it through my Alexa echo device and see it still worked in that manner. (I had to set up two references to fit the car in safely as my garage is small) Sure, enough it was amazing to watch with minimal clearance on each side the car pull out perfectly straight and operate with such good control. I like it. I think I’ll do that more often.
Very cool, I’ve been afraid to try that with mine!

mitchrusso

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Yes, the GO TO command works only for TWO commands; Go home and Go to Work. That's it. There's no "Go To" for any of the favorites or address book entries.

bthor

2018 g80 Ultimate 3.8 always dirty black & beige
San Diego
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
Gotcha, My note was just that I never set home so instead of saying “navigate to home” I just say “navigate to xyzxyz street” which is in my previous navigations list. No need to save it as home at all that might give a car thief any location they think might be home.
Home address is generally on your registration form

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
The "Go To" command appears to work for me on any verbal address I ask it.
I actually thought it quite intuitive. Maybe it's something with the version.

Kevin L

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Punta Gorda Isles, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The "Go To" command appears to work for me on any verbal address I ask it.
I actually thought it quite intuitive. Maybe it's something with the version.

Giving a verbal address isn't the issue with Mitch. He has many clients that he can save as favorites. It's much easier to say "Go to Smith" rather than "Go to 123 Main St, Anytown", especially when you don't know the address off the top of your head. I understand Mitch's frustration with it.

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
The last Genesis that worked that way for me was my 2011.

2450NW

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Year
none
Filled up yesterday and reset odo. Look at the two readouts reset at the same time: View attachment 33961
I agree with what 2021GCSGV80 wrote. On my about-to-be dumped BMW 640 xDrive, the tach display shows the lifetime overall MPG, while the "info" display shows the mileage from the last fill.

2450NW

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Year
none
I haven't heard that one, either. Crazy if that's what happens.

As voice response becomes ubiquitous, improvements are needed. Genesis is the worst of my VR devices, but it's not alone in poor performance. I'm a real tech fan. Most of my home and some of my big boat is voice-controlled using Amazon Alexa. I have at least a dozen Alexa units in my home, and one of them can hear me from almost anywhere inside. Alexa give boneheaded response to my requests sometimes, but not as often as Genesis. For example, I use an elliptical in our home gym almost every day. To turn it on, I'll say, "Alexa, turn on elliptical" so it's booted up and ready for me. I do this nearly every day, I'm the only voice that ever asks that, and a couple of times Alexa's responded "I don't have anything named lip tickle"; another time it responded "I don't have anything named electrical." Granted, they sound similar and with ambient noise interfering, Alexa may have trouble hearing what I said. But this is what a call sloppy or lazy programming. I have dozens of devices on voice response - lights, fans, cameras, thermostat, water valves, water heater, door locks, plugs, etc., and not one of the other devices sound like elliptical. I'm the only one that asks to turn on the elliptical, I do it almost every day, usually about the same time, so they should be able to deduce I mean elliptical. I can understand not wanting to turn on a device if it's not certain it heard correctly, but at the very least it should respond with "Did you mean elliptical?"
That sounds like a conversation with my wife. :)

gregcols

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I have not been able to get the nav to "go home". It doesn't recognize the "Home" I have set in the address book. I've tried ten different ways to create and save a Home location so the nav can find it, but no joy. It continues to tell me I have no "Home" set.
I am having the same issue with both home and work. Both of them are set in the system, but states I don’t have either!! 😡

gregcols

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Yes, the GO TO command works only for TWO commands; Go home and Go to Work. That's it. There's no "Go To" for any of the favorites or address book entries.
Go Home and Go to Work doesn’t work for me. I have both addresses saved and still says I don’t have them and do I want to add each time.

Vince_K

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Go Home and Go to Work doesn’t work for me. I have both addresses saved and still says I don’t have them and do I want to add each time.

I use both commands regularly. They 'should' work.

Perhaps try the Nav / software update? I think if you can't done that yet, it's very possible it would fix that. Are they in different profiles? Otherwise, that is something that should work and need a dealer service to correct it. But they would just run that software update first anyway.

gregcols

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
I use both commands regularly. They 'should' work.

Perhaps try the Nav / software update? I think if you can't done that yet, it's very possible it would fix that. Are they in different profiles? Otherwise, that is something that should work and need a dealer service to correct it. But they would just run that software update first anyway.
I just got the car 3 weeks ago, so I will try that. Thanks.

Abuschauffeur

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
“Go Home and Go to Work„
I am bamboozled, maybe I am missing something, but do any of you forget where you live and where you work ? 1620100835596.gif

Vince_K

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
“Go Home and Go to Work„
I am bamboozled, maybe I am missing something, but do any of you forget where you live and where you work ? View attachment 36193
Well, I'm not getting any younger so....

Where ever you are, you end up going home right? So go home from any location is useful, maybe the most useful. Not just home from work my good sir.

Go to work is great for helping navigate around any traffic jams to streamline the commute (both ways). It's not for forgetting how I get to work.

Abuschauffeur

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thanks.
I knew I had missed something. I do appreciate your take of the matter.

“I'm not getting any younger so...„
They say to keep dementia at bay the brain has to be kept busy. 1620104226181.gif

At the rare occasion I find myself to be in a location I had not been before and want to go home I just quickly manually enter a street near my location and once I am on the right track I cancel the route and I am on my merry way. Beats hiding details under the floor mats. In my profession I am used to enter all manner of info all over the place. No problem.

“navigate around any traffic jams„
I have tried this and have found this unreliable most of the time. Maybe different in your country though.

P.S.
In my country to be in command of a motor vehicle (any vehicle) all you need is a driver licence.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums