First post accident photos smh

BG1114

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
First post and it’s accident picks. Rear ended by a 98 Volvo. Dropping off at dealer tomorrow for estimate. Just bought it in November 😞. And was just getting ready to put my wing on today glad I didn’t. I’m ok and the other driver is too that’s the main thing.

Attachments

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

BG1114

Genesis Model Type
Ouch! that's at least 10K in damages! I hope every one is OK.

Dealer has nothing to do with this. Find and take it to some fancy body shop. You're not paying out of your own pocket to fix it. Make it right.

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks my insurance company deals with a local Hyundai dealer for collision repair. Going to see what they estimate the damage to be. Everyone is good. Thanks again

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Sorry to see that but the most important thing is everyone is alright. Let us know how it turns out. Good luck.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

In-House Bob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Glad you are okay. It always hurts to see your new car smushed, but it'll get fixed. And maybe you can have them add that wing while replacing the trunk lid!

Ragnar

Been here awhile...
Wife just had a 2nd fender bender within 3 months with our 2016 Ultimate, talk about bad luck,cringeworthy when I think about it!
9FC865AD-9FA5-4265-9211-B206FC43727E.jpeg

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Here’s what my insurance estimated

that's about what mine was to start, ending up been > $12K once they torn it all down.

there will likely be damage to the exhaust, my hit was about where yours is, and it shoved the exhaust cans forward, and broke the mounting plates.
there is also likely damage in the spare tire well are of the trunk, that alone is nearly $1000 for the shell and labor to weld it back in.

rear bumper with all the electronics is >$5K

mine took 5 weeks because of part back orders.

I wish you luck.. I used an approved Hyundai/Genesis shop that was also State Farm approved and got a life time warranty on the repaired parts, I've already been back twice in 4 months for new rattles that keep popping up.

BG1114

Genesis Model Type
Update well finally got some news. They took it apart and said little over $18K worth of damage. A lot of wire damage and rail damage etc etc so it’s totaled. Guess I’m back in the market for another after only 4 months smh.

Attachments

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Update well finally got some news. They took it apart and said little over $18K worth of damage. A lot of wire damage and rail damage etc etc so it’s totaled. Guess I’m back in the market for another after only 4 months smh.

yeah pretty much looks like mine did, luckily for me the guys car was so low he missed the trunk rails and only crushed the spare tire well. was still $12K to repair.

Ragnar

Been here awhile...
Our final bill came to juuust under 6 grand for your basic minor fender bender.

arcman

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
That's a bummer they totaled your car. With most accidents being front end, there's a ton of good rear end parts available at salvage yards. Whoever buys this at auction will have a nice, cheap car when it's done.

It is amazing how little damage it takes for insurance companies to total a car.

I was at a local body shop the the owner showed me a 2017 Chevy that had been hit in the right rear bumper. The bumper cover needed replacing along with the crash bar behind it, the taillight was broken, the fender could be fixed, the trunk lid was fine. The only tough part was a small part of the real panel and trunk floor were bent (nowhere near as bad as the photos above). It looked to me that it could be pulled out without too much effort. The insurance company totaled it.

The 2015 Ultimate I purchased got wet, the insurance company spent nearly $15,000 fixing the interior, the previous owners drove it for another year and then the CAN bus started throwing MIL's. After a few hours trying to diagnose it, they gave up and totaled it. The insurance company got $10,500 at auction. That's a huge loss. Blows me away they give up so easily. I've been driving it for five months with zero fault codes.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
That's a bummer they totaled your car. With most accidents being front end, there's a ton of good rear end parts available at salvage yards. Whoever buys this at auction will have a nice, cheap car when it's done.

It is amazing how little damage it takes for insurance companies to total a car.

I was at a local body shop the the owner showed me a 2017 Chevy that had been hit in the right rear bumper. The bumper cover needed replacing along with the crash bar behind it, the taillight was broken, the fender could be fixed, the trunk lid was fine. The only tough part was a small part of the real panel and trunk floor were bent (nowhere near as bad as the photos above). It looked to me that it could be pulled out without too much effort. The insurance company totaled it.

The 2015 Ultimate I purchased got wet, the insurance company spent nearly $15,000 fixing the interior, the previous owners drove it for another year and then the CAN bus started throwing MIL's. After a few hours trying to diagnose it, they gave up and totaled it. The insurance company got $10,500 at auction. That's a huge loss. Blows me away they give up so easily. I've been driving it for five months with zero fault codes.

most insurance companies total at 50% or greater the auction value, so really not surprising. The whole auction concept has killed resale value of cars in the last 20 years. Auctions low ball 20% or more below fair market value. So a $50K car at auction is worth maybe $38K, so $18K-$19k in damage and it gets totaled.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.