Floor mats options and opinions

wxmcpo

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
So I picked up a 2013 Genesis this week. It has the oem carpet mats, but I want to replace them with a rubberized mat and save the carpeted mats from being destroyed. I have looked into the oem all weather mats, weather techs and hexomats. I'm leaning towards the weather techs just based on previous experience with them. Any other options? Would like to hear any opinions from anyone with any of the three. Thanks in advance.

Ozy44

2012 3.8
Palm Harbor, FL
Genesis Model Type
I looked around for a bit and decided to get just the fronts from weather tech. not many other options out there.

MozartMan

Registered Member
Motown/HockeyTown
Genesis Model Type
So I picked up a 2013 Genesis this week. It has the oem carpet mats, but I want to replace them with a rubberized mat and save the carpeted mats from being destroyed. I have looked into the oem all weather mats, weather techs and hexomats. I'm leaning towards the weather techs just based on previous experience with them. Any other options? Would like to hear any opinions from anyone with any of the three. Thanks in advance.
I bought these mats seven years ago and still have them in my car. They are great. They should fit in your 2013 because my 2011 and your 2013 are basically the same interior design. But you should double-check wholes/pins location on your floor.

Amazon.com: Novline 20.31.210 Floor Mats Liners - Fits 2009-2016 Hyundai Genesis Sedan - Black - Four (4) Piece Set: Automotive

Ignore that one 1-star review.

Note: Novline is Russian company. If you have prejudice against Russians, then do not buy. ;)

mats.jpg

Last edited:

Bill in Alexandria

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

MozartMan

Registered Member
Motown/HockeyTown
Genesis Model Type

wxmcpo

Genesis Model Type
I bought Tux Mats recently and they look GREAT and are easily cleaned. https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/produc...dels-laser-measured-largest-coverage/12630801

If you go to Tuxmat.com you can buy just the front or back or both.

Here's a link to an OEM trunk liner that's carpeted on one side and rubberized on the other: OEM Trunk Cargo Liner for Genesis G80 - Sedan - Black Part # B1012-ADU01 | eBay

Appreciate your reply, but mine is a 2013 Genesis sedan.

jmac404

'13 3.8 Sedan
Atlanta
Genesis Model Type
The OEMs are made by weathertech. They even come on branded weathertech hangers. One problem you will have, is they no longer make rear OEM mats, only fronts.

I have the OEM rubbers and really like them a lot. My big issue with weathertech is many (most) of them have a huge color logo that cannot be removed.

A problem with rubber mats is they hold moisture underneath the mat. So, if you have ANY problem with water intrusion etc you need to remove them until it's fixed/repaired or it will quickly rot out floorboards. Whereas carpet mats tend to dry out

wxmcpo

Genesis Model Type
The OEMs are made by weathertech. They even come on branded weathertech hangers. One problem you will have, is they no longer make rear OEM mats, only fronts.

I have the OEM rubbers and really like them a lot. My big issue with weathertech is many (most) of them have a huge color logo that cannot be removed.

A problem with rubber mats is they hold moisture underneath the mat. So, if you have ANY problem with water intrusion etc you need to remove them until it's fixed/repaired or it will quickly rot out floorboards. Whereas carpet mats tend to dry out

Appreciate your reply and your insight. I have had the weather techs in my two previous vehicles and was very happy with them. Those were trucks though where this is a car so not sure I'll like them as much in a car. I'm still researching though.

toxicavenger70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
I have weathertechs, they suck. They feel like plastic. The rears one have deformed.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums