Florida, California and Texas Dealer Update

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Beefer is off on vacation but I wanted to pass along some information he got this morning during a call with Kevin, the owner of Genesis of Alexandria. Kevin just got back from California and got an update on the dealer situation in Florida, California, and Texas:

Florida has been resolved. They should be getting the State franchise setup any day. From there...dealers can start getting their individual licenses.

California...99.9% resolved. They should be wrapping up litigation soon...and then proceeding.

Texas...this is the one State where they are waiting to get the State license and all the dealer licenses all at once. So Texas will not roll out dealer by dealer. They will be BAM...all dealers on the board.

I will crosspost in the General Discussion Forum.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Beefer is off on vacation but I wanted to pass along some information he got this morning during a call with Kevin, the owner of Genesis of Alexandria. Kevin just got back from California and got an update on the dealer situation in Florida, California, and Texas:

Florida has been resolved. They should be getting the State franchise setup any day. From there...dealers can start getting their individual licenses.

California...99.9% resolved. They should be wrapping up litigation soon...and then proceeding.

Texas...this is the one State where they are waiting to get the State license and all the dealer licenses all at once. So Texas will not roll out dealer by dealer. They will be BAM...all dealers on the board.

Thanks @TurtleBoy . I was at my dealer today and they told me the will be selling around January/2019 but I trust them less than @Beefer.

Prospective G80 Owner

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Hallelujah!

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

This is really great to hear, I appreciate you and @Beefer keeping us updated!!!

Ray Lucca

Registered Member
Thank-you Mr Turtle. Dealers here in OC So Cal have told me they are hoping for availability of the G70 by the end of the year. About a month away, sounds about right. Genesis website currently shows my closest Dealer as Yuma AZ, 300 miles away.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It's been more than 2 weeks since @TurtleBoy made this announcement and still there is not a single dealer in Florida selling the G70 (or any other 2019 MY) Genesis. I asked my dealer and they have no clue. Anyone from Florida got any info?

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
It's been more than 2 weeks since @TurtleBoy made this announcement and still there is not a single dealer in Florida selling the G70 (or any other 2019 MY) Genesis. I asked my dealer and they have no clue. Anyone from Florida got any info?
I don't see anything for Florida either. Usually I see dealers about two weeks before they get inventory so hopefully soon or else it looks like December is out for the Florida launch.

Glaz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I have no clue either. My contact has no clue either. If it’s not by the end of December then it’s most likely January.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I texted Walter Dawson earlier in the week...no reply. I’m not pinging him any more.

joschneider

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I’ve heard through the grape vine that further complicating the matters is the JD power initial quality award and genesis is holding cars to check and double check them. Just explains a little why stock is still having trouble hitting the dealers

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So I’ve heard through the grape vine that further complicating the matters is the JD power initial quality award and genesis is holding cars to check and double check them. Just explains a little why stock is still having trouble hitting the dealers
My guess is someone was making things up/misheard. From what I can tell when looking at the dealer situation, the new inventory is flowing pretty freely to both new and existing dealers. I think there are around 500 2019s currently on dealer lots.

Edit: I should note though that dealers are not able to get in many models/trims that they want to. I had a salesman tell me on Friday that he has had some people wanting to buy since the were introduced but want specific trims and he has not been able to get them in yet. They may not be specific to Genesis, I don't know.

Last edited:

joschneider

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My guess is someone was making things up/misheard. From what I can tell when looking at the dealer situation, the new inventory is flowing pretty freely to both new and existing dealers. I think there are around 500 2019s currently on dealer lots.
About 200 on cars.com, where are you seeing 500?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.