• Just a quick message to let you know that we now have a JB4 Support Forum so questions can be asked once, in one place, rather than the same question being asked and answered in the G70, G80 and G90 forums. You can find the forum on the main page in the forum list - or click here.

Foam in Engine Compartment

secundinus

SUPPORTING MEMBER
National Capital Region
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Any ideas on if these foam “blocks” are supposed to be there? The foam is under the plastic cover on each side of the engine block (highlighted in yellow).

One side the block is fine. The other side about half the block looks like it has been chewed through. I vacuumed up the pieces that were left behind.

The car is new. I’ve seen other posts about rodents but wasn’t sure if these were “delivery” items as I’m still finding parts of my car covered in the original plastic protection.

If the block is supposed to be there, any idea the part to describe to the service manager?

That said, a little disappointed this wasn’t identified/seen when doing the first oil change last week but I assume the tech didn’t have to lift up the plastic cover.

Thanks for the thoughts.

AAB5A9F5-BB07-4FDA-BE40-3192B2E507B3.jpeg

C15DA77D-FAF6-415B-8DAA-D677FAF2A0B2.jpeg

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.