Footwell Lighting 2009 Genesis 3.8 Sedan

jokylos1

Hasn't posted much yet...
Thread starter #1
Does anyone know if the cover on the footwell bulb(s) snap/pry off or do you have to remove trim pieces to get to the the bulb and is it a difficult procedure? Thank you in advance.

Legacy

Registered Member
Charlotte
If I remember correctly, they just pop out, a little prying on the long side will remove the lens. Same with the lights on the bottom of the doors, if you have them (puddle lights?) I replaced all mine with 194 LED bulbs, simple fix.

jokylos1

Thread starter #3
Thanks, I appreciate the information. I bet those 194 led's made a big difference. I'm thinking of going with blue colored led bulbs if I can find them.

jokylos1

Thread starter #6
So you're saying because of your black carpeting the effect of brightness from the led bulb isn't much more significant than the stock bulbs?.... Because I too have black carpeting.

OUsig

Been here awhile...
McKinney TX
replace the stock regular bulbs with LEDs and you will be happy. simple as that
can spend $10-$20 total to replace the basic bulbs Hyundai did not put as LED then some more for the back up, fog lights, license plate and turn signals.

Volfy

So you're saying because of your black carpeting the effect of brightness from the led bulb isn't much more significant than the stock bulbs?.... Because I too have black carpeting.
I definitely prefer the brighter LEDs. I was just thinking out loud about how blue or other color LEDs would look, since the only light I see from those footwell LEDs is reflecting off the black carpets. Then again, they are inexpensive enough you can always try them out and see.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.