For those of you who have had your cars for a while now...

HyperM3

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
One of the biggest gripes I saw on all the reviews of this car were creases on the drivers side bolsters(side and bottom). How are your cars holding up? If you respond, please say what type of color you have and what type of leather you have(theres two options right?).

It might sound trivial, but this weakness in the interior could be what keeps me from getting the car. My current A4 shows absolutely no sign of bolster wear or creasing in 32k miles. None of my Audis before this showed wear either. I dont know how they do it or if its not actual leather on that part of the seat, but they look brand new-ish.

orogenesis

Registered Member
Oklahoma
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
3500 miles (but I spend a lot of time idling), black sport nappa with grey stitching, 6'2" 225 & a broad body, no creases or wear on any seat whatsoever.

Sullyman

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
8200 km on black sport nappa with red stitching and no creases, but I can see how it could happen on the bottom bolsters if the drive has a big ass and they're not careful to make sure they're not sitting on the left bolster.

HyperM3

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
8200 km on black sport nappa with red stitching and no creases, but I can see how it could happen on the bottom bolsters if the drive has a big ass and they're not careful to make sure they're not sitting on the left bolster.
Yeah, my concern is the sliding past the side bolster getting in part and the sliding over the bottom bolster to get out part.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

HyperM3

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Put some leather conditioner every couple of months and buy a book on Levitation so you don't have to slide.
Ive never had to put leather conditioner on any car seat to keep it from creasing during my lease. That being said, I can only levitate my remote while Im on the couch. Maybe not slide over the lower bolster, but you know how you twist and roll over it to get out of the car.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.