For those of you who have had your cars for a while now...

HyperM3

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
One of the biggest gripes I saw on all the reviews of this car were creases on the drivers side bolsters(side and bottom). How are your cars holding up? If you respond, please say what type of color you have and what type of leather you have(theres two options right?).

It might sound trivial, but this weakness in the interior could be what keeps me from getting the car. My current A4 shows absolutely no sign of bolster wear or creasing in 32k miles. None of my Audis before this showed wear either. I dont know how they do it or if its not actual leather on that part of the seat, but they look brand new-ish.

orogenesis

Registered Member
Oklahoma
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
3500 miles (but I spend a lot of time idling), black sport nappa with grey stitching, 6'2" 225 & a broad body, no creases or wear on any seat whatsoever.

Sullyman

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
8200 km on black sport nappa with red stitching and no creases, but I can see how it could happen on the bottom bolsters if the drive has a big ass and they're not careful to make sure they're not sitting on the left bolster.

HyperM3

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
8200 km on black sport nappa with red stitching and no creases, but I can see how it could happen on the bottom bolsters if the drive has a big ass and they're not careful to make sure they're not sitting on the left bolster.
Yeah, my concern is the sliding past the side bolster getting in part and the sliding over the bottom bolster to get out part.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Yeah, my concern is the sliding past the side bolster getting in part and the sliding over the bottom bolster to get out part.
Put some leather conditioner every couple of months and buy a book on Levitation so you don't have to slide.

HyperM3

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Put some leather conditioner every couple of months and buy a book on Levitation so you don't have to slide.
Ive never had to put leather conditioner on any car seat to keep it from creasing during my lease. That being said, I can only levitate my remote while Im on the couch. Maybe not slide over the lower bolster, but you know how you twist and roll over it to get out of the car.

Buckdes

Getting familiar with the group...
I have had the car 1 year now , black with red stitched seats , i have more creases than id like on my driver side bolster, 5000km , i am surprised by the amount of creasing, i am 6'1 about 225lbs. I have found it has not gotten any worse since the first 6 mons

HyperM3

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I have had the car 1 year now , black with red stitched seats , i have more creases than id like on my driver side bolster, 5000km , i am surprised by the amount of creasing, i am 6'1 about 225lbs. I have found it has not gotten any worse since the first 6 mons
Thank you for your response. This is what I was concerned about. Pretty much every youtube video I watch of a G70 review, the side bolsters have too many creases. It seems that maybe they use thinner/softer leather for cost savings and they dont hold up as they should.

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I haven't looked at the driver's side in a while, but I did notice creases on the passenger seat that gets much less use.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thank you for your response. This is what I was concerned about. Pretty much every youtube video I watch of a G70 review, the side bolsters have too many creases. It seems that maybe they use thinner/softer leather for cost savings and they dont hold up as they should.
Could be for function too. Softer sides may work better. Most leather gets creases over time in any place it moves. Patina.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Does anyone notice it is somewhat difficult to get in and out of the G80? I figured the best way to do it but I think the rubbing causes the issues with fading and wear.
With the seat back in entry mode it is not hard but if the seat in in operating position it is snug. Butt first and swing your legs in.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have creases. Nappa Caramel Brown leather.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think with any car you'll eventually get creases. The nappa leather is very soft (and designed to be so). The other portion of the equation is how you enter/exit the car. The more pressure applied and frequency of impacts to that side bolster/seat cushion, the quicker it will wear/crease

J Dixon

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
2015 5.0 with the gray nappa leather and 58,000 miles (2nd owner). No real "creases" but I use Chemical Guys leather conditioner every few weeks. I'm 6'3", 280 lbs. I have to duck my head ever so slightly entering the car but I'm conscience of unnecessary sliding on the seat bolster while getting situated (I don't use the entry mode feature). Same for egress.

Ironically my only complaint with the upholstery is on the front passenger seat. Right where the bottom seat material end is tucked in the hard plastic trim of the seat, there are two spots where the slightest bit of the leather "end" shows. Will have the dealership remedy this at the next oil change.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
no creases on my x-stitched nappa, black w/red stitching. 6', 200lbs. 5400kms after ~8 months.

the only comments on seat cushioning is that you can sorta see a line down the middle of the bottom seat cushion. i assume there is extra padding under each butt cheek, with a small separation right down the middle from front to back. not a big deal, but i notice it.

i will soon do my big spring detail where i condition all the seats. looking forward to seeing these seats once properly conditioned.