for those unaware.. wiper service position.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
for those unaware our G80s have a service position for the wipers, no need to pop the hood or struggle with trying to get to them while they are in the down position.

I mention this because I watched a loon scratch his hood at the auto parts store today when I stopped in to get some tire dressing. While he had a different vehicle, I figured after the winter most of the country has seen this year a lot of people will likely be needing new blades soon.

turn car off and within 20 seconds (before opening the door) hold the wiper switch in the mist position for 2 seconds. Wipers should reset when you restart the car, if not push the lever to the mist position again.

Last edited:

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Hueydriver

Registered Member
Miramar, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
it's actually amusing how many people don't know this is a thing on many makes/models. I have seen many people over the years struggle to swap their blades tucked under the hood lip and damage their vehicle in the process.
This is my first car with the wipers under the hood! All the previous ones I just lifted the wipers off for replacement?p.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

leggy

Been here awhile...
SoCal
it's actually amusing how many people don't know this is a thing on many makes/models. I have seen many people over the years struggle to swap their blades tucked under the hood lip and damage their vehicle in the process.
First time have a car with wipers under the hood and the 2 times that I replaced them were done by the dealer

shoelessj

Getting familiar with the group...
Thanks. Didn't realize this. Believe I had turned off vehicle while wipers were in position to accomplish this before.

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The instructions say "after turning off the engine"...this just means the engine has to be off before you move the Mist position. Otherwise it will just mist like it does when you're driving. It doesn't mean turn the engine on then off.

The procedure in one post is:

1. To park the blades vertically - push wiper stalk up for 3 to 4 secs. Ign. in OFF position.

2. To lower the blades - LOWER THE BLADES TO THE WINDSHIELD FIRST. push the ign. button twice w/foot off brake to the ign. ON position. Then momentarily push wiper stalk up. Then turn ign. OFF with one more push.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.