Found a tuning company for 5.0 Sedan's.

JRAWK39

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
jrawk what nitrous kit did you use. your not located near south east pa by any chance do you.
I used the Zex Safe Shot kit and then bought other jets for it so I could run higher than a 35 shot. It's a dry nitrous set up and the reaso I went that route is because I didn't want to mess around with any fuel lines in the car for the wet set up. To answer your other question no I'm in Portland,OR

JRAWK39

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
ok cool. Oregon is a little far for a meet up lol. so what shot are you running.
Yeah it's a slight jaunt to where you are. Lol. But right now I'm running a .083 jet in the nozzle which equals about 75 to 80 hp. The jet kit I bought came with jets all the way up to .125 which is 125hp. So I'm probably going to go up one more jet size and call it good. It's alof of fun. I have to really tell myself that the button isn't there otherwise I would be pressing it all thd time. Lol

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
Yeah it's a slight jaunt to where you are. Lol. But right now I'm running a .083 jet in the nozzle which equals about 75 to 80 hp. The jet kit I bought came with jets all the way up to .125 which is 125hp. So I'm probably going to go up one more jet size and call it good. It's alof of fun. I have to really tell myself that the button isn't there otherwise I would be pressing it all thd time. Lol
Pls make sure you do a dyno to check air ratios when you go to 125s. May be a little too lean at top end with stock fuel system. Better be safe than $$$$$$. Would live to see what that 4.6 puts out @ rear wheels with your boost?

Roc

Been here awhile...
Md
Genesis Model Type
Pls make sure you do a dyno to check air ratios when you go to 125s. May be a little too lean at top end with stock fuel system. Better be safe than $$$$$$. Would live to see what that 4.6 puts out @ rear wheels with your boost?
Reason is I don’t think anyone on board has ever shown air ratios for 4.6, may be really different than 5.0.( leaner?).

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

2012 5.0 R-Spec

Genesis Model Type
I also have the ECU and TCU tune now on my car... Is it worth it??? Hell yes lol I'm also running a 4.18 diff out of the coupe. I love the gear usage

2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec all out acceleration!!!
Hell yeah! I was pissed when I hit 145 and babysitter kicked in. Which tune are you using?

AJW7161

Genesis Model Type
Thank you Steve2020 I take that as a compliment. What I can tell everyone on here about nitrous and our cars is, if you have fun driving it now and I mean DRIVING it then you have got to experience the feel when you hit that button. Don't get me wrong, it's not a snap your head back and go into tunnel vision feel like Fast and Furious but it plants you back into your seat quite impressively. Like I had said in my previous posts I have mine set up by button instead of the gas pedal on WOT. A lot of people say nitrous will blow your motor and blah blah which is true it can, but, if you use it like it's meant to be used then there really aren't any unsuspected surprises. When I engage mine it's always over 2500 RPMs, always on wide open throttle and most importantly I never hold the button down for more than like 5 to 10 seconds. As far as the rear end and the tranny I personally have not had any problems at all. If anyone is interested in doing a nitrous set up on their cars I would be happy to answer any questions you might have to the best of my ability
Thanks for the info. I am currently installing a NOS system on my 12 R-Spec. Mine is a wet kit, and I am not sure about where to tap into the fuel system? Is your system wet or dry? Any info you can share would be apperciated.

G-967999

Thanks for the info. I am currently installing a NOS system on my 12 R-Spec. Mine is a wet kit, and I am not sure about where to tap into the fuel system? Is your system wet or dry? Any info you can share would be apperciated.
Anywhere before the high pressure fuel pumps.. so pretty much anywhere on the low-pressure fuel lines coming from the tank up to just before the high pressure pumps

Suburbazine

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Louisiana
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Anywhere before the high pressure fuel pumps.. so pretty much anywhere on the low-pressure fuel lines coming from the tank up to just before the high pressure pumps
Be careful with your kit regulator selection, IIRC the low side on the DH fuel system can run as high as 190psi before it hits the high pressure pumps that boost it to 2500+ psi.

rico95atl

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Tuning gives more gains to turbo motors than to ours. Only about 10 or 15 HP expected, little bit more in the torque. I debated and debated, then decided the car is fine as it is. The biggest gains from tuning our cars would be higher redline, true sport shifting (can bounce off redline if want to) and removing speed limiter.

I'm fine with the car changing at 6,000 rpm in sport mode. Removing the speed limiter makes the car go faster than the tires are rated for. I'm enjoying the car as it is, have not run into a situation where I wished I had more power. 429HP is fine by me.
How do you get your 2012 r-spec into sport mode.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners