Free Map Update Is Here!!!!!!!

HYTECH

Getting familiar with the group...
Your dealer can Give a free Map update for some Navigation systems.

Look on hmaservice.com for more info

Model: 2009 Genesis Sedan with DIS Navigation system
Vehicle Retail Date: From September 01, 2008 to February 28, 2009

expires 09-30-2011

ASHDUMP

Registered Member

expires 09-30-2011
What is the retail date? When you purchased it? Thanks for providing this information.

scottdk

Registered Member
Minnesota

expires 09-30-2011
I have an appointment at 0900 tomorrow for my cooled seat not getting very cold as it used to.

Shall I ask them for a free map update since I'm there?

Viking

Registered Member
Minnesota
Hytech - where on the Hyundai Service website do you see this?

I would like to call my dealer and request the update, but I usually experience more success when I can tell them exactly what to look for.

Thanks!

Viking

Registered Member
Minnesota
I go to Walser Hyundai in Brooklyn Park. Not very convenient since I live in Eden Prairie and work downtown, but I initially leased the car from Morrie's Hyundai in Brooklyn Park before Walser bought them out.

You are down south of the cities, correct? Where do you go?

scottdk

Registered Member
Minnesota
I go to Walser Hyundai in Brooklyn Park. Not very convenient since I live in Eden Prairie and work downtown, but I initially leased the car from Morrie's Hyundai in Brooklyn Park before Walser bought them out.

You are down south of the cities, correct? Where do you go?
I was just at Walser today, and it's where I have always brought my car. I work downtown too, and I'm about 20 miles north of downtown MPLS in Andover.

crhbobby

Been here awhile...
Indiana
I just looked on HMAs site... where do I find this? I assume this is a TSB? I see a TSB for April 2010 for Map Update...but it says that the customer must pay for it - not covered under warranty.

Perphaps I am looking in the wrong place.

Bob Hall

HYTECH

I have an appointment at 0900 tomorrow for my cooled seat not getting very cold as it used to.

Shall I ask them for a free map update since I'm there?
It is listed as a recall so if your car qualifies they will let you know. (if the database is updated with all the VINs yet)

No dealerships have the disks yet. They usually show up 3-4 weeks after the update is posted.

HYTECH

Hytech - where on the Hyundai Service website do you see this?

I would like to call my dealer and request the update, but I usually experience more success when I can tell them exactly what to look for.

Thanks!
It is in the service news and campain sections. They won't have the disks yet give them a few weeks.

mcginnpm

Registered Member
It is in the service news and campain sections.
You must have a different www.hmaservice.com website than what I'm looking at.

I don't see any "service news and campain (sic) sections". There is a "News" section on the home page I'm looking at, but the newest entry I see is 12/19/2008. The TSB section allows you to down-select to "01 - Campaign Bulletins", but it comes up with "No Data" when selected. The newest TSB for "Genesis(BH)" when "All" is selected is one for steering alignment issued back on 6/30/2010. I did a search on "map update" and there was nothing like what you mention.

Can you post a PDF of the TSB you found for the "free update" or give specific instructions for where you clicked in the HMA website to view it?

Pothole

Hasn't posted much yet...
I was pleasantly surprised yesterday afternoon when my dealer called me to inform me that they have received the new map software and would like to set up an appointment to install it for me. WOW!!! What service. I had been in to see them about this when the April TSB came out and they investigated and found out that it really wasn't released at that time. They said they would let me know when it was available. They stood behind their statement. I am really impressed with them. Anyone in my area might wish to try them…
GO HYUNDAI MAZDA 104TH
10450 N. FEDERAL BLVD.
WESTMINSTER , CO 80234

Three cheers for a good service dealer, and by the way, I didn’t purchase my car there. My dealer turned out to be a “Dud”.

Viking

Registered Member
Minnesota
Hytech,

Do you have different access to the Hyundai website? Like Mcginnpm, I can't find any reference to the free map update on hmaservice.com.

My dealer referenced that he received three disks last week, but isn't sure that the update is free (which makes me wonder if they are associated with the TSB that other posters have referenced - one where you have to pay for the update).

Any more clarification would be much appreciated!

Rebecca

expires 09-30-2011
Thanks! This is a great site http://hmaservice.com/ with all the technical bulletins. Easy to register and navigate. I found the Technical Bulletin for the DIS Navi, released April 2010 (appreciate the tip!) along with a couple others of interest to me.

dataguy

Been here awhile...
Anyone know or can guess why retail dates were chosen the way they were? While it might make sense that earlier deliveries wouldn't get the update, it doesn't make sense that the most recent 8 months or so of the 2009 MY wouldn't be eligible, right?

Campo57

Registered Member
Columbus, GA

expires 09-30-2011
Not sure which TSB you're looking at. If it's 10-BE-004-1 or 10-BE-004, they both state

"NOTE: The DIS navigation map update is not covered under the vehicle warranty; customers will be charged for the procedure."

If you found one that doesn't charge, could you please post the TSB number?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.