Front License Plate Bracket Install

Thread starter #1

ifonline

Been here awhile...
Braselton, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I am having no luck finding install instructions for the front license plate bracket for a 2018 G80. I am looking for instructions or guidance so I can uninstall the bracket to look at my options since the dealer put the thing on my vehicle off-center. I see no obvious mounting, but I assume there are screws in a bracket that are hidden by the "cover" where the plate attaches to the mount. Can anyone give any insight into how to either install or uninstall this thing?

Thanks.

G80guy

Been here awhile...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
On my Sport the black plastic bracket sits over the grill and just screws onto the black plastic piece behind the grill centered under the clear plastic window. I never liked that so I mounted it at the bottom below the grill as seen in my picture.

If you look close you can see the old screw holes above it where the factory mount was.

Attachments

Thread starter #3

ifonline

Been here awhile...
Braselton, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Yeah, but what's strange is that on mine, the face of the bracket where the license plate attaches has no screws (or holes for screws) that attach to the bumper. I'm going to look again this evening just in case I completely missed something, but to me it looks like there is a bracket mounted to the bumper and then a cover that snaps on to hide those screws, and it's into this cover that the license plate attaches.

It's just not clear to me how or where the bracket is attached.

joneillnj

Hasn't posted much yet...
On my Sport the black plastic bracket sits over the grill and just screws onto the black plastic piece behind the grill centered under the clear plastic window. I never liked that so I mounted it at the bottom below the grill as seen in my picture.

If you look close you can see the old screw holes above it where the factory mount was.
But now you are blocking ~1/3 of the airflow to your intercooler?

Thread starter #6

ifonline

Been here awhile...
Braselton, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Well... it turns out that when I installed my USMC tag last night, I was (1) extremely tired, and (2) completely blind. I just went out to the parking lot and took the tag back off the bracket, and what did I find staring back at me? Yep... four screws (two on either side) that clearly mount the bracket to the front bumper.

So, there you go. I'm a moron.

G80guy

Been here awhile...
Northeast
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Well... it turns out that when I installed my USMC tag last night, I was (1) extremely tired, and (2) completely blind. I just went out to the parking lot and took the tag back off the bracket, and what did I find staring back at me? Yep... four screws (two on either side) that clearly mount the bracket to the front bumper.

LOL :)
And thank you for your service, NAM vet myself. (y)

funcen2

Hasn't posted much yet...

Nice plate!!! Another NH Vet here, my plate actually looks good on a white car. I waited a few weeks before putting on, but figured it was only a matter of time before I got pulled over for not having it. I may relocate it where yours is. I don't drive hard so not worried about heating issues. Thanks for your service

Hueydriver

Registered Member
Miramar, Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Nice plate!!! Another NH Vet here, my plate actually looks good on a white car. I waited a few weeks before putting on, but figured it was only a matter of time before I got pulled over for not having it. I may relocate it where yours is. I don't drive hard so not worried about heating issues. Thanks for your service
Thank you for your service!!!

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

CAN YOU POST OR SEND A PHOTO PLEASE. Would like to see how this looks. thanks aberrebi@gmail.com

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.