Front License Plate

Angelo C

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
waiting for my seville silver prestige gv70 to be delivered on July 21
I was wondering if anyone knew of an alternative to placing the front license plate
on the front grill
just can’t ruin the look of the front of the vehicle
with a plate smack in the middle of the grill
Thanks in advance
Angelo

LQQK

Just The Basic Facts
There are companies that make brackets that fold under the front lip to hide the Bracket and PL8. I had one on a BOSS 302. Time to Google, Good-Luck!

KDav

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
There are companies that make brackets that fold under the front lip to hide the Bracket and PL8. I had one on a BOSS 302. Time to Google, Good-Luck!
Problem is that's where some of the tech is for cruise/collision (I think)...

LQQK

Just The Basic Facts
Problem is that's where some of the tech is for cruise/collision (I think)...
I placed mine off-center on the Mustang. When you find places that sell them reach out and ask if they have something you can use or maybe even modify one designed for a different vehicle. Don't give up.

stsk

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Quad

Registered Member
Front plates are required here in Texas in addition to the tint laws but I seldom see people get ticket for either ....now if in a car accident you'll be ticketed for both.

My current car, Inifiniti Q50, has never had front plates in the 6 years of ownership.

That Tego retracting plate brace is a cool idea and will be my first choice if I am ever ticketed.

Angelo C

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
can someone please post a photo of front license plate on vehicle
THANKS

CarlEightySix

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
can someone please post a photo of front license plate on vehicle
THANKS

Attachments

• 20210712_163342.jpg
    20210712_163342.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 104

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Im in cali rolling the dice every day! Can't hide that beautiful grill! Can always try this....haha

Retractable Plate
Nice. Just don't use it on the rear to avoid the tolls photos when a state trooper is behind you. One Florida resident found that out.

KDav

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Can someone show me the license plate mount for the front grill? How does it attach with bolts and how long are they, etc.? I never got my front plate installed at the dealer because I bought my vehicle out of state. And I tried mounting it down at the bottom left in front but it sets off the parking alert/front pedestrian collision warning with the plate offset to the side (not directly in the middle, it's between the two sensors in front on the side and it still sets off the warning system, picture for reference)

Anyway, I guess I need to just mount it in the front middle, so if anyone can explain how I do that (other than zip ties) I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

20210727_125116.jpg

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Can someone show me the license plate mount for the front grill? How does it attach with bolts and how long are they, etc.? I never got my front plate installed at the dealer because I bought my vehicle out of state. And I tried mounting it down at the bottom left in front but it sets off the parking alert/front pedestrian collision warning with the plate offset to the side (not directly in the middle, it's between the two sensors in front on the side and it still sets off the warning system, picture for reference)

Anyway, I guess I need to just mount it in the front middle, so if anyone can explain how I do that (other than zip ties) I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

View attachment 38319
That looks ridiculous.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners