Front License Plate

Darken

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
If I was not leaving in the free state of Florida, I would be going with the Tegoway retractable license plate system. That front grill is way too beautiful to ruin it with a plate. The plate on the side or any other part of the front grill is worst!

Ptcrusn

Registered Member
Same topic, slightly different question.

I just got my tags. The front license plate bracket came with four smaller grey screws and two
Same topic, slightly different question.

I just got my tags. The front license plate bracket came with four smaller grey screws and two black round headed screws. I see the screw points in the front for the bracket behind the grill, but can't figure out how to get it to attached, neither provided screw is long enough. Am I missing something??
The bracket has an arrow on the back side which should point up. At the bottom of the grill you'll see a rectangular piece of plastic. Center the bracket over that piece of plastic. On the bracket there are 2 "fingers" that stick out. These get inserted in the diamond spaces of the grill. Push the bracket in until it snaps in. Make sure the bracket is centered where you want it the first time. You can get it out if you have to, but... You'll see screw holes in these fingers. The black screws are screwed in and they spread apart the fingers similar to the way wall anchors do. This will secure the bracket in the grill. Be careful not to over tighten. The 4 other screws are for fastening your plate to the bracket. You'll see some indentations on the bracket where you can drill pilot holes for those screws. Really hope this helps.

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Nobody deface their grill. I live in Northern VA, which is notoriously a top 5 tough cop area in the country because every cop makes way too much money and as a county were extremely wealthy (we have 3 helicopters, for example) and Ive never gotten pulled over for this.

There is such a small chance, it's such a small fee, enjoy yourbeauty of a car without stressing about the front plate!!!!

Last edited:

ottawa

Registered Member
Ottawa ON
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Here in ON, the fine is $85. Ironically the same as for "no plates" but perhaps the latter is more likely to get detected. :)

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Nobody deface their grill. I live in Northern VA, which is notoriously a top 5 tough cop area in the country because every cop makes way too much money and as a county were extremely wealthy (we have 3 helicopters, for example) and Ive never gotten pulled over for this.

There is such a small chance, it's such a small fee, enjoy yourbeauty of a car without stressing about the front plate!!!!
Do they pull over helicopters?

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners