Front mud flaps

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Does anyone have any idea as to why you can buy rear mudflaps for the G70 but you can not buy ones for the front.

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Was looking on their website and I don't think so.
https://www.tuxmat.ca/store/p733/genesis-g70

SVTong

Registered Member
Edmonton, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've used Weathertech floor liners in 4 of my previous cars and loved the coverage, but found them slippery as hell. The Tuxmats actually cover far more than the WT liners did. They go right up to where the plastic panels start, so they cover every single inch of carpeting in the car. The rear mats actually go all of the way up and under the rear bench. I had to lift the rear seat up and pop it out slightly to get the mat installed properly under it. They also come with a bunch of little panel clips to help tuck the mat into all of the panels and keep everything nice and low profile.

They are made of a kind of faux vinyl and are padded, so they're grippy, waterproof, and have some "give" to them when you step on them. They definitely have a high end feel to them, rather than just a piece of plastic like the WT liners.

I don't have any pics right now, but I know that @GenesisYEG took a couple of pics when I had my car delivered so maybe he can post those. I'll try and take some shots of the (now dirty) mats later.

rgw

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
A couple of quick and dirty shots of the mats. Notice that there is zero exposed carpet anywhere.
Thanks for posting this. Checked out the site and the Tuxmats look like an improved Weathertech. I have a G70 2.0 Elite - anyone know if the interior floor is identical across all the trims?

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Those look very good. I received a reply from Genesis with regard to the front mud flaps.

Thank you for contacting Genesis Motors Canada.

Your request was submitted to our Parts Department who confirmed that front mud guards are not available as the front fenders have a contour that does not require mud guards.

Please feel free to contact us for any further information.

MGDavid

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The G70 is my leading candidate for my next vehicle and I received the same canned reply as KDX. Has anyone noticed that front mud flaps are on many of the G70 photos on the Genesis website?

The comment that the contour of the wheel well does not require mud flaps is simply not true. The rockers are more exposed to debris flying off the tire than the quarter panel behind the rear wheel well. Also, I don't recall having seen rear sets only on other vehicles, would look pretty odd to me. It makes me want to hold off my purchase until I can get an OEM-looking set of four so I can protect the rocker paint.
G70 Front Mudflaps.PNG

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If you happen to find a source for those front mud flaps, please let us know.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.