• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Front passenger seat vibrations

joschneider

G70-less
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
And not the good kind. Anyone else notice the front passenger seat shaking quite a bit at freeway speeds? I usually keep the seat pretty far back but just recently it was further forward and the shaking kept catching my eye. Wondering if it’s normal or maybe something can be tightened down

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
And not the good kind. Anyone else notice the front passenger seat shaking quite a bit at freeway speeds? I usually keep the seat pretty far back but just recently it was further forward and the shaking kept catching my eye. Wondering if it’s normal or maybe something can be tightened down
Never looked at mine. Does it rattle or make any noise?

joschneider

G70-less
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Never looked at mine. Does it rattle or make any noise?
Nope, totally quiet. It’s just a very high frequency vibration and the headrest shows it more than any other part of the seat, but that’s because it’s the part furthest from the fulcrum point

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Nope, totally quiet. It’s just a very high frequency vibration and the headrest shows it more than any other part of the seat, but that’s because it’s the part furthest from the fulcrum point
Telegraphing a wheel balance issue?

joschneider

G70-less
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Telegraphing a wheel balance issue?
Nope, no vibrations in the steering wheel or pedals. I did remember reading a reviewer notice the same thing back during the launch blitz so it might be normal just one of those things most don’t notice

honorable flea

Registered Member
the RVA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My seats are solid- however my kids car seat in the back rattles like a box of marbles due to all the plastic. Annoys the heck out of me in an otherwise quiet car.

Does lowering the headrest extension position fix it?

LandOfConfusion

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Mine rattles slightly over broken pavement. I've just attributed it to the unfastened seat belt against the B-pillar. I could be mistaken. Even if I'm not, this could be different than what you're experiencing.

joschneider

G70-less
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
My seats are solid- however my kids car seat in the back rattles like a box of marbles due to all the plastic. Annoys the heck out of me in an otherwise quiet car.

Does lowering the headrest extension position fix it?
its already as low as possible. No rattles, just a very high frequency visual vibration.

The passenger seat will visual vibrate only at freeway speeds, and only when completely empty. There are no sounds, no whacking from the seatbelt...just the seat itself vibrating like a shake weight was attached to it on low

Kraig Wilkinson

Registered Member
New Jersey now live in South Dakota
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Nope, no vibrations in the steering wheel or pedals. I did remember reading a reviewer notice the same thing back during the launch blitz so it might be normal just one of those things most don’t notice
I agree with EdP, could be a wheel balance issue ,even though you dont feel it through the wheel. I had same problem, and found I had a bent rim. I also had no steering wheel vibration.

joschneider

G70-less
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
I agree with EdP, could be a wheel balance issue ,even though you dont feel it through the wheel. I had same problem, and found I had a bent rim. I also had no steering wheel vibration.
Ive had my fair share of balance issues and nothing has ever been so restricted to only one part of the car being affected. Also the fact that the seat only vibrates when completely empty has to be another clue that the issue lies in construction, or maybe something is loose.

I would really appreciate it if actual G70 owners can chime in, and if they can replicate this on their own cars. Seat completely empty, freeway speeds. Just look over and tell me if you see your seat vibrating at all, it would really be appreciated so I can at least narrow things down before my dealership looks

Kraig Wilkinson

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Ive had my fair share of balance issues and nothing has ever been so restricted to only one part of the car being affected. Also the fact that the seat only vibrates when completely empty has to be another clue that the issue lies in construction, or maybe something is loose.

I would really appreciate it if actual G70 owners can chime in, and if they can replicate this on their own cars. Seat completely empty, freeway speeds. Just look over and tell me if you see your seat vibrating at all, it would really be appreciated so I can at least narrow things down before my dealership looks
My pass seat did excactly what you are describing, replaced bent rim , now the pass seat has no movement.

joschneider

G70-less
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
My pass seat did excactly what you are describing, replaced bent rim , now the pass seat has no movement.
If this is the case I can just run to discount tire and have them check the rim for out of round, easier than the dealership. I really dont see it causing it, but Ill try it for process of elimination

Thank you

Kraig Wilkinson

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
If this is the case I can just run to discount tire and have them check the rim for out of round, easier than the dealership. I really dont see it causing it, but Ill try it for process of elimination

Thank you
I am just sharing my experience with you. I had the dealer balance tires ,and it still did it. I pulled the tires off car and took them to tire shop for balance. Still did it, so I pulled the tires off for a third time and took them to a local body shop whom had a balance machine. Gave him 10$ for a couple mins alone with his machine,found 2 bent rims. I am not saying you have the same problem.
Just something to think about. I hope you get it fixed.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

I've never noticed seat vibration, but I haven't looked for it specifically. I'll check next time I drive the car (tomorrow) You mentioned you're looking at the headrest. Since it's basically just attached to 2 metal sticks, it's possible there is some play in the mounting holes that gives you the perception that it's moving. Try taking out the headrest and see if you still notice it

joschneider

G70-less
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
I've never noticed seat vibration, but I haven't looked for it specifically. I'll check next time I drive the car (tomorrow) You mentioned you're looking at the headrest. Since it's basically just attached to 2 metal sticks, it's possible there is some play in the mounting holes that gives you the perception that it's moving. Try taking out the headrest and see if you still notice it
thanks Id appreciate if you could take a look on your next freeway drive. Ill give your suggestion a shot as well

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

AdriaticBlueG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
thanks Id appreciate if you could take a look on your next freeway drive. Ill give your suggestion a shot as well
Mine does this as well. The whole seat vibrates, almost like a leaf sometimes. There is no noise, though. It is weird, but I think it might be normal, as my Mazda 3 did that as well. It’s not noticeable to passengers. I’m sure the driver’s seat would vibrate the same way if no one was in it. Visually, the wheels look perfect, with no bending at the lip or anything.

Last edited:

joschneider

G70-less
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Mine does this as well. The whole seat vibrates, almost like a blue sometimes. There is no noise, though. It is weird, but I think it might be normal, as my Mazda 3 did that as well.
Thank you!! It does seem like the whole seat is vibrating a bit but not enough for a passenger to notice while sitting in it

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Mine does this as well. The whole seat vibrates, almost like a blue sometimes. There is no noise, though. It is weird, but I think it might be normal, as my Mazda 3 did that as well.
Microsoft would say its not a fault, its a feature. Vibrating seats!