• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Front suspension wont raise.

Dannysmiles13

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Had to put my car on a jack today. After bolting rim back up on the LR and dropping it back on ground, the front end is stuck bottomed out and wont lift at all. ECS light is on now too. Did I just screw my shit up?

slvslv

Registered Member
Kansas
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Saw this on another thread. It might help you. To summarize, "Turn ignition on to aux and move steering wheel - like magic the suspension should restore to stock position."

Air Suspension "fix"?
Rey said:
Had a nasty problem with air suspension. Had front up on jack stands to r&r brake pads (subject of another post). When I lowered the car the front suspension bottomed and the rear raised to max height. The car was extremely "raked" and undriveable. Tried a hard ecu "reset" to no avail. Dealer had no personal history of seeing this problem.
Towed to dealer. No change in suspension while under tow. BUT, when tow truck driver was fixing to lower the car he turn ignition on to aux and moved steering wheel - like magic the suspension was restored to stock position. Dealer checked everything out on dealer's computer - no problems noted. Drove car home.
I mentioned in an earlier post that I saw "Hella" trademarks on some of the air suspension components. I think Hella is probably the supplier/copyright holder of air suspensions supplied to Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, Range Rover, etc. Saw this reset procedure on a Range Rover site - aux ignition position turn steering wheel. No mention of this "fix" in Hyundai Equus shop CD.
Whatever, this is something anyone can try at home.
Had same problem. Your tip worked like a charm. But it did take several seconds before the front suspension started to fill back up so don't get fooled if there is a bit of a delay, less than 30 seconds you should hear it kick in.

Dannysmiles13

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
My RF strut will collapse and let.out the air while the car is off, but will fill up once I turn the car on. Could this be a leak in my strut now?

Kraig Wilkinson

Registered Member
New Jersey now live in South Dakota
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
My RF strut will collapse and let.out the air while the car is off, but will fill up once I turn the car on. Could this be a leak in my strut now?
Maybe there is a procedure you must do before jacking up car? Had a Lincoln mark 7 that you had to flip a switch in trunk before lifting car or hacking up a corner of car! Just a thought. Check owners manual.

Dannysmiles13

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Maybe there is a procedure you must do before jacking up car? Had a Lincoln mark 7 that you had to flip a switch in trunk before lifting car or hacking up a corner of car! Just a thought. Check owners manual.
Dont see any switch anywhere to turn off the system. Only thing I can think of would be to remove the fuse for the system. But something isnt right now

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums