Front turn signals

mrcleeaan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thinking about blacking out a couple of the led strips on the front signals with vinyl. What do you think?
CollageMaker_20200405_005140821.jpg

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Huh. I'm neutral on it.

Aquineas

4th Genesis
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Are the front turn signals LED? I looked at a reflection of them on another car this morning and they looked decidedly non-LED; maybe it was just a bad reflection. I've already ordered the rear-LED lights and the LED reverse lights.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Which trim did you get? (Ie advanced, elite, prestige, sport, etc) In at least the sport trim, the front blinkers are LED. I assume most other trims are as well.

Aquineas

4th Genesis
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Which trim did you get? (Ie advanced, elite, prestige, sport, etc) In at least the sport trim, the front blinkers are LED. I assume most other trims are as well.
I got the Sport model. Thanks for your help (as usual)!

Sztiglitz

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My 2019 AWD 2.0T front turn signals are actually halogen. I am looking for a replacement part myself now. I bought

Lumen® - Front Turn Signal LED Bulbs

This work perfect as emergency blinkers no issues. but when car runs and are used as regular turn signal they go into hyperflashing and dashboard lits up like christmas tree asking to be checked out. I had to put halogen back on for now.

Did anyone found a good working front LED blinkers that do not hyperflash ?

Last edited:

rmod

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My 2019 AWD 2.0T front turn signals are actually halogen. I am looking for a replacement part myself now. I bought

Lumen® - Front Turn Signal LED Bulbs

This work perfect as emergency blinkers no issues. but when car runs and are used as regular turn signal they go into hyperflashing and dashboard lits up like christmas tree asking to be checked out. I had to put halogen back on for now.

Did anyone found a good working front LED blinkers that do not hyperflash ?
Unfortunately, you will have to put a load resistor in parallel to the LED bulb. A quick google search should give you options and tutorials on how to's and some LED bulbs come with them built in.
Keep in mind that unless the LED is built robust and is preferably from a reputable manufacturer, it is a risk to put the load resistor....meaning...if the bulb fails... you will never get any warning message like you have now on your dash as the computer will "see" the resistor as a load (bulb). Could result in a driving hazard - you think you are turning thinking that the blinkers are on while the others around you have no idea. You get the gist.

Sztiglitz

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Unfortunately, you will have to put a load resistor in parallel to the LED bulb. A quick google search should give you options and tutorials on how to's and some LED bulbs come with them built in.
Keep in mind that unless the LED is built robust and is preferably from a reputable manufacturer, it is a risk to put the load resistor....meaning...if the bulb fails... you will never get any warning message like you have now on your dash as the computer will "see" the resistor as a load (bulb). Could result in a driving hazard - you think you are turning thinking that the blinkers are on while the others around you have no idea. You get the gist.
Yaah I was looking around and I decided I will not be messing around the Front Headlight turn signals will leave them Halogen.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners