Front warning going off all the time !

Daveydukes

Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
My 2017 G80 seems to have a sensitive front warning signal . It goes off all the time at red lights even if there is no car in front of me or a car is a car length in front of my car.
Diagnostic at dealer says no trouble found. I say the sensor is going bad , anyone else having this problem?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
My 2017 G80 seems to have a sensitive front warning signal . It goes off all the time at red lights even if there is no car in front of me or a car is a car length in front of my car.
Diagnostic at dealer says no trouble found. I say the sensor is going bad , anyone else having this problem?
First, what front warning signal? Do you mean the AEB or the parking sensors? Let's assume parking sensors.

What is "all the time?"
If it truly goes off at every light, it is easy enough to take the service guy for ride and show him. It will go off at the light.

If you really mean frequently, different story. Is it always at the same intersections? Certain radio frequencies can set them off. If is is always the same locations, I'd suspect that is the problem from stray signals from red light cameras, alarms, power stations, etc.
Whatever the dealer did is probably just a check that says it is working and may not see what you see.

G-145241

First, what front warning signal? Do you mean the AEB or the parking sensors? Let's assume parking sensors.

What is "all the time?"
If it truly goes off at every light, it is easy enough to take the service guy for ride and show him. It will go off at the light.

If you really mean frequently, different story. Is it always at the same intersections? Certain radio frequencies can set them off. If is is always the same locations, I'd suspect that is the problem from stray signals from red light cameras, alarms, power stations, etc.
Whatever the dealer did is probably just a check that says it is working and may not see what you see.
I showed a video of it going off at a red light with no car in front of me and I wasn’t too close to intersection either.
It even goes off in my driveway as I pull in. It seems to go off as I enter the apron area, it detects the ground.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums