Front Wrap & Tinting

ACN

Hasn't posted much yet...
AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Wanted to see some pictures or hear opinions in regards to wraps and tints. I'm considering XPel, suntek, or Nanoclear for my front fenders and dash. Also considering suntek CIR for window tints.

Anyone have these done? Opinions?

Windchaser

Getting familiar with the group...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Illinois
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I have Suntek Infinity tint on the windows and Xpel on the front. The Xpel is invisible. I'm very happy I got it. I also like the window tint.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Wanted to see some pictures or hear opinions in regards to wraps and tints. I'm considering XPel, suntek, or Nanoclear for my front fenders and dash. Also considering suntek CIR for window tints.

Anyone have these done? Opinions?
Looks like CIR is a hybrid combination tint film of carbon and ceramic. This provides a dark tint (neutral color) with added ceramic for heat rejection. If you are looking for a darker tint color, this may be OK.

If you want a maximum heat rejection for a given VLT, I would highly recommend a pure ceramic tint film (also known as nano-ceramic), such as Formula One Pinnacle. It comes in a wide range of VLT ratings. Google to find out the allowed VLT rating in your state (which can vary depending on which window the tint film is installed on).

Given that you live in AZ, I would definitely go with a pure ceramic tint film, and forget about the carbon (which actually absorbs heat instead of reflecting it).

ACN

Hasn't posted much yet...
AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Spoke with a few installers here in the valley. Ended up going with 25%suntek cxr on the windows and a ceramic tint for the Pano roof.

Also went with suntek clear bra on the full front.

$2k total for everything.

donnykidd

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Hello. I took delivery last week on my G80 Sport and she is getting XPEL Ultimate Plus on the front end, side mirrors, and top rear bumper done. After that some Gtechniq work inside and out including two coats of EXO (so they say). Next project is tinting the windows. I just received a quote for under $500 for Formula One Pinacle on sides, rear window and roof. From what I have read on other boards thats a soild deal. Thoughts?

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I just received a quote for under $500 for Formula One Pinacle on sides, rear window and roof. From what I have read on other boards thats a soild deal. Thoughts?
About 9 years ago I had Formula One Pinnacle (ceramic) installed on sides and rear window for $400. I had no sunroof to tint. So $500 is probably about right. Formula One is a division of Llumar, but they don't sell it to just any tint shop (not even all Llumar dealers), as they make sure the dealer does a high quality installs.

Tint shops tend to charge a little more in the summer if they have more business than they can handle, so don't way too long.

donnykidd

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Finally pulled the trigger. Found an exceptional tint shop in CVille with Formula One Pinnacle authority. 35% all around.

Attachments

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.