• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

G70 2k miles having issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genesis G70 2.0t

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey didn’t know exactly where to put this but anyways. I bought a g70 about a month ago. 2.0 elite package. It’s right around 2000 miles. Anyways this issue has happened twice now both at the same spot.

I start the car drive it about a mile or two and it goes to auto stop right there after it alarms and says auto start deactivated please manual start (something along those lines) when I try to put it into park or manually start it nothing happens. It lasts about 2 minutes and I can get it restarted eventually and works fine the rest of the day.

I called genesis yesterday and got a case number however no one called me back today. Is anyone else having this problem? If it happens again I’ll get a picture.

My guess is there’s some algorithm for the auto start stop for engine temperature? Just weird it happened the exact same distance from my house at literally the exact same light.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Genesis G70 2.0t

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Why not contact your dealer and let them know about it? There may already be an update or something that is available for your car that will take care of the problem. More than likely that is what the customer service will tell you to do. You have a warranty, might as well take advantage of it.

If you can, please keep us updated.

I will keep you updated. It happened on a Sunday so the dealer was not opened.

Part of me also wanted to see how genesis would deal with it. They sent me like 8 emails listing all of the benefits. Don’t get me wrong I do really enjoy the vehicle but their customer service isn’t impressive thus far.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Genesis G70 2.0t

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What did you expect? I've yet to see a person behind a desk fix anything on a car. The proper method is to see the service department at a Genesis dealer. You reached a person trained to be polite and fill in the blanks on a computer screen.

I expected genesis to give me a case number which she did. I expected them to pass the information over to the dealer and the dealer to get ahold of me within 24 hours.. i never said I expected anyone to fix anything over the phone.

Genesis G70 2.0t

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Let us know how it all turns out! Good luck!

So Monday the 6th rolled around and no one called or came to get my car. I ended up calling the Genesis dealership. A younger kid answered and told me they can only pick up the car in a 15 mile radius even though I had made an appointment to have them pick it up and they knew my address.

I called Genesis national and they ended up telling me the dealer was wrong it was 50 miles. So the dealer called back and said they would pick it up the following day. Keep in mind I had taken off work.

Long story short they said they pick up the car the other day and provided me with a loaner. They brought my car back yesterday. They could not replicate the problem. They did reset the programming and they said they found a “loose connection”. Not really buying that answer but I do understand difficulty troubleshooting a problem they can not replicate.

Genesis G70 2.0t

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Has the issue persisted though?
It only happened 2 times in 2500 miles or so. Just got it back yesterday so as of the 80 miles I drove it today, no. I also didn’t take the route I usually take when it happens.

I think it has to do with the auto start stop algorithm/temperature. As it only happened 2 times the exact same place so the same distance from my house.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Man... This is the problem with Genesis trying to have a premium service experience while still using Hyundai dealerships in the US. Bunch of cheap ass idiots (US dealerships, that is). I don't trust my closest dealer for anything, hopefully I don't run into any major problems that I can't fix on my own, because if I do I know they'll do a half-assed hack job at best, that is IF they'll even honor any part of the Genesis warranty to begin with.

Hopefully they'll become more separated from the Hyundai brand/experience sooner rahter than later.

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^^^ I've been dealing with Hyundai/Genesis dealers for a while and I agree with you 100%. My biggest concern about this awesome car is the time it will get on the dealer for maintenance and or repairing. I don't trust them at all, I don't even trust in what type of oil will they use for my oil change. I've seen them lying to the costumers, giving false mechanical diagnostics, marking up prices and driving hard the cars. I will send my car to them for schedule maintenance just because two things, first is paid by Genesis and second because is a lease.

jailer

Been here awhile...
Unacceptable if they want people to consider them in the same category as other luxury brands.

If I were YOU GUYS, I WOULD HIT THEM HARD on their official Facebook and DON'T LET UP.. At least it will be exposed so countless potential customers will see it.. and hopefully somebody from Genesis will respond regularly. Leave comments under the first updated post.. and KEEP AN EYE on it days later to see if somebody deleted your comment. HERE is their OFFICIAL FACEBOOK: Genesis USA

Genesis G70 2.0t

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Man... This is the problem with Genesis trying to have a premium service experience while still using Hyundai dealerships in the US. Bunch of cheap ass idiots (US dealerships, that is). I don't trust my closest dealer for anything, hopefully I don't run into any major problems that I can't fix on my own, because if I do I know they'll do a half-assed hack job at best, that is IF they'll even honor any part of the Genesis warranty to begin with.

Hopefully they'll become more separated from the Hyundai brand/experience sooner rahter than later.
My story is similar, the closest dealership is even worse, which is why I bought from a farther dealer hoping to avoid the mess.

Tomorrow if I remember I’ll post whatever electrical connection was loose that they were talking about.

Genesis G70 2.0t

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Which dealership have you been dealing with?
The dealership I avoided dealing with was a Bob Rhorman dealership. I have a Mitsubishi evolution and in the past they were trying to put conventional oil in vs synthetic. They also lost my wives Volkswagen when they took it in for service.

I ended up going with Patrick Hyundai. The sales process was excellent. Now I’m regretting buying a Genesis just do to my service experience. I know it is going to be a battle every time.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ I see the "missing key" icon on tach display. Does your key have low battery...or in some odd location? Perhaps you left the car with the key while it was running...and came back?

Genesis G70 2.0t

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ I see the "missing key" icon on tach display. Does your key have low battery...or in some odd location? Perhaps you left the car with the key while it was running...and came back?
Key is in the cup holder closest to the radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums