G70 2k miles having issues

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
So what is the process if the FOB battery goes South? I had a no-start issue with my Infiniti and to preclude a FOB issue with ignition deactivation being activated, Infiniti has a slot you insert the FOB into and even with a dead FOB battery you can start and operate the car just fine.
You hold the fob to the button. Same ideas as the slot you had. Hopefully, you get the warning on the screen the battery is low and replace it in a couple of days.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Last edited by a moderator:

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Because you insist on making blanket statements and then get in a huff when they are refuted. So best to present you with any info that disagrees with you.
Blanket statements? The whole point is that Genesis should provide Genesis loaners. Is that something that you cannot comprehend?

Last edited:

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Blanket statements? The whole point is thar Genesis should provide Genesis loaners. Is that something that you cannot comprehend?
In a perfect world, yes. Some of the dealers have only been signed up for a couple of weeks. Others have been signed up and are doing well. Yes, some individual dealers certainly deserve some knocks, but to say the entire brand is not living up to promises is a bit much.

I said a couple of times, some of these dealers won't be Genesis dealers a year from now and good riddance to them. When I was working, most days my car did not move. I don't give a damn if they gave me a scooter for a loaner as it would just sit.

I'd rather not have a Genesis loaner. I drive one every day so a different loaner is an opportunity to drive and check out another brand.

I do expect good service, done professionally. That is more important that a Genesis owners only urinal in the mens room.

Genesis G70 2.0t

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What region do you live in? Depending on where I could probably raise hell with the regional manager and dealers so that they have a more direct knowledge of the issue...
I’m in the Midwest (Illinois). I don’t think it will matter the first time it was escalated to a Genesis North America.

Piz

Registered Member
Connecticut
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
First service is 6k miles or 1 year. No worries.
My first service was at 3k miles. 6k coming up in about 500 miles.

FYI that I don't plan to use the valet service, don't want any one joyriding or launch controlling it, ha. The dealer is between work and home so I dropped it off in the morning, picked it up before they closed. They gave me a G80 loaner last time.

Last edited:

Genesis G70 2.0t

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My first service was at 3k miles. 6k coming up in about 500 miles.

FYI that I don't plan to use the valet service, don't want any one joyriding or launch controlling it, ha. The dealer is between work and home so I dropped it off in the morning, picked it up before they closed. They gave me a G80 loaner last time.
I thought I had remembered reading someone said it was at 3k but I also wouldn’t be surprised if some dealers were doing it at 6k to save money with the maintenance covered for 3 years or 36k miles

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Your doing the right things. Genesis may be having growing pains but all dealers should be giving customers more service than less and the benefit of the doubt with problems. They should realize this is newer brand and brand new model... Things will pop up. This is also a pretty critical time for the brand right now and it's in their best interest to potentially lose a bit upfront with "over servicing" than facing a bunch of media reports that customers are dissatisfied. Especially when it comes to safety. My car had the smart cruise issue where it would brake when there were no other cars around, which certainly isn't great... but the local dealer jumped on it and got things resolved quickly.

Last week I called the service manager because the car said maintenance was due. I think he was at home getting ready for work but was happy to take my call and get me scheduled for a complete "once over". That is great service and turns me into a Genesis sales rep. I'm in Canada and it seems like our experience is a bit better maybe.

In any case, you shouldn't have to demand anything with Genesis. State facts and ask them how they would like to solve the problem and avoid a messy situation.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I thought I had remembered reading someone said it was at 3k but I also wouldn’t be surprised if some dealers were doing it at 6k to save money with the maintenance covered for 3 years or 36k miles
The dealer gets paid by Genesis when they do the work. The incentive for them is to do more, not less. As for when to do it, Genesis give guidelines in the manual.

Genesis G70 2.0t

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Your doing the right things. Genesis may be having growing pains but all dealers should be giving customers more service than less and the benefit of the doubt with problems. They should realize this is newer brand and brand new model... Things will pop up. This is also a pretty critical time for the brand right now and it's in their best interest to potentially lose a bit upfront with "over servicing" than facing a bunch of media reports that customers are dissatisfied. Especially when it comes to safety. My car had the smart cruise issue where it would brake when there were no other cars around, which certainly isn't great... but the local dealer jumped on it and got things resolved quickly.

Last week I called the service manager because the car said maintenance was due. I think he was at home getting ready for work but was happy to take my call and get me scheduled for a complete "once over". That is great service and turns me into a Genesis sales rep. I'm in Canada and it seems like our experience is a bit better maybe.

In any case, you shouldn't have to demand anything with Genesis. State facts and ask them how they would like to solve the problem and avoid a messy situation.
Yeah I can’t say my issue has really even taken priority with them. I don’t feel like I’m being handled any different than they would handle a Hyundai customer.. BTW if it was a Hyundai I still have wouldn’t be satisfied.
The dealer gets paid by Genesis when they do the work. The incentive for them is to do more, not less. As for when to do it, Genesis give guidelines in the manual.
That is if they’re going by Genesis recommended service intervals. Genesis is not going to reimburse them for over servicing a vehicle.

Last edited:

clark1566

Registered Member
Savannah, Ga.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah I can’t say my issue has really even taken priority with them. I don’t feel like I’m being handled any different than they would handle a Hyundai customer.. BTW if it was a Hyundai I still have wouldn’t be satisfied.

That is if they’re going by Genesis recommended service intervals. Genesis is not going to reimburse them for over servicing a vehicle.
I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with both your car and your dealership. I hope they get your car fixed. I am following this thread just so I can see the end result. Just wanted to chime in though and let you know that not all dealerships are like yours. I have been with my dealership for 8 years and even with the Hyundai's I have owned they have taken great care of me and my cars. They respond immediately and always provide me with how long it will take to service my car (and if they don't meet that time they let me know why) and they give me an invoice with exactly what they did to my car. I had to take my G70 in for a TPMS sensor issue at 3 weeks. They got me in the day after I called and when I arrived, they pulled my car in ahead of the other customers that were there before me. My service rep (Terry) came out and showed me the computer display of what was wrong with the TPMS and what they did to fix it. All this is just to let you know that there are some good dealerships out there. Not sure if finding another dealership is an option for you.