G70 3.3 RWD Tires

Shelby

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I put in some Michelin AS3 275 on my rear tires last year and now they are bald after 7K miles... my G70 is staggered and I don’t race but the tread on the back tires are basically gone. Any recommendations on tires for my car and what would cause the middle of the rear tires tread to be gone after 7K miles?

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I don’t know. Go down from where you are until you find the point that you are getting even wear. Are you sure the middle is worn down at 7k miles? I would expect the tires to be at 45-50 psi for that to happen

G-564731

I don’t know. Go down from where you are until you find the point that you are getting even wear. Are you sure the middle is worn down at 7k miles? I would expect the tires to be at 45-50 psi for that to happen
Yeah the middle of the rear tires are basically worn out after 5k miles... unsure if it is an alignment issue and tires are typically at 31-33 psi

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I'm no expert and don't drive a G70, but tires are rounded out for some reason. Could be they're defective. Check with the reseller to see what they think. It does sound like overinflation, but not from 36. What does the door frame plaque say they should be inflated to?

Shelby

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
They are only 5k miles on the rear tires and the middle are worn out... unsure if it is an alignment issue or not? The tires are running at 31-33 psi. I am confused by the AS3+ would be worn out with no tread in middle of tire after only this many miles

Shelby

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm no expert and don't drive a G70, but tires are rounded out for some reason. Could be they're defective. Check with the reseller to see what they think. It does sound like overinflation, but not from 36. What does the door frame plaque say they should be inflated to?
6F561AF5-690B-4676-9EEE-12F616C9DABE.jpeg

Attachments

• DF1196B7-DE20-416F-B610-A5E9B90B0AB2.jpeg
    DF1196B7-DE20-416F-B610-A5E9B90B0AB2.jpeg
    428.6 KB · Views: 2

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
They are only 5k miles on the rear tires and the middle are worn out... unsure if it is an alignment issue or not? The tires are running at 31-33 psi. I am confused by the AS3+ would be worn out with no tread in middle of tire after only this many miles
Something is wrong. Even with a non stock size of 20s you shouldn’t be seeing this wear. The good news is that Michelin has a warranty on tire mileage, you can go that route. I would guess defective tires. Alignment wouldn’t cause wear only in the middle, not that I know of. Are you seeing this same wear on all 4 tires or only the back 2?

Shelby

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Something is wrong. Even with a non stock size of 20s you shouldn’t be seeing this wear. The good news is that Michelin has a warranty on tire mileage, you can go that route. I would guess defective tires. Alignment wouldn’t cause wear only in the middle, not that I know of. Are you seeing this same wear on all 4 tires or only the back 2?
I think these are defective and the front tires don’t have this type of wear... only the rear tires...

TinsleyC

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Dallas, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Just a crazy possibility, but are you a middle aged heavy sleeper with a teenage son? 😄

(I used to sneak my mom's car out, but it was a Mercury Comet with 100 hp)

Nice garage floor, btw!

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
What is the rim width? Too narrow it rim will cause the tire to bow in the center and cause uneven wear.

Yep, I agree and since he didn't mention, I assume he put 275's on 8.5 width OEM wheels.

As per Tire Rack, the correct width range is 9-11" for 275's.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think these are defective and the front tires don’t have this type of wear... only the rear tires...
So how wide are your rear rims? As others have pointed out, you need a pretty wide rim (like 10") for a 275 tire.
What size tire and rim do you have on the front? Obviously not 275. That may be why your fronts didn't wear so fast. Not likely defective tires IMHO.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums