• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

G70 advance..halogen bulbs to LEDs upgrade

gbarreto

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just bought some 9005 HB3 Sealight LEDs from Amazon. Very happy with the results. NO flickering, NO radio static, NO vehicle error, NO extra adaptors/resistors. In addition, they are bright at night. Sooo loving the look now on my genesis.

gbarreto

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
How about sharing what you bought?
Here you go guys! Amazon msg will say " it does not fit your car" but they dk. The only thing that I noticed was that the connection from the LEDs to the connection of the of the car, they did not snap together. The little bump didnt go completely over the clip. I thought I placed them wrong. Found out that it was difficult to pull them apart. Once I did, I reversed them and they didnt go in. So I put them back the way they were eventhough they didnt clip together. They were stuck to each other pretty hard, so I left them like that. But overall, they look nice!!!! 20200201_211209.jpg

Attachments

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Nice! It looks good! Thank you for posting. There have been a few people asking about LED replacement bulbs for the headlights on the base Advanced trim.

16UltV6Guy

I quit!!!!
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Jax, FL
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Here you go guys! Amazon msg will say " it does not fit your car" but they dk. The only thing that I noticed was that the connection from the LEDs to the connection of the of the car, they did not snap together. The little bump didnt go completely over the clip. I thought I placed them wrong. Found out that it was difficult to pull them apart. Once I did, I reversed them and they didnt go in. So I put them back the way they were eventhough they didnt clip together. They were stuck to each other pretty hard, so I left them like that. But overall, they look nice!!!!
There may be a correlation between Amazon's blue statement and your red statements. 🤷

They do look good tho!

gbarreto

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There may be a correlation between Amazon's blue statement and your red statements. 🤷

They do look good tho!
Lol..just noticed that. It is something minimal though. Everything else is good. Like I said, NO ERROR at all. Not even the noise from the cooling fan from the LEDs. I didn't want to make a hole on the dust cover and that was a plus. If anyone is concern about the clip going over the little bump, they shouldn't be because placed together, they are hard to take apart. If you want to go the extra mile, zip tie the 2 connections.

Update....just shaved down the connection from the LED with my rotary tool, clip was able to go over the bump now. Minor problem fixed. 👍

Last edited:

kirbster1966

Norwood Ontario
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I tried a set of sealight S1 in my Ram 1500.
Not bright enough to consider an improvement for vision. I had purchased a set for the G70 as well to try but will skip that- these are going back. Have a set of Hikari Ultra coming tomorrow. If they fair better she might get a set of those. Was considering HID, but not sure I want to deal with all the extra components and possible failure points.
It’s funny that Genesis didn’t just go LED across the board. Why make a completely second housing/part number? They could have easily adjusted the car price a little to cover it.

gbarreto

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I tried a set of sealight S1 in my Ram 1500.
Not bright enough to consider an improvement for vision. I had purchased a set for the G70 as well to try but will skip that- these are going back. Have a set of Hikari Ultra coming tomorrow. If they fair better she might get a set of those. Was considering HID, but not sure I want to deal with all the extra components and possible failure points.
It’s funny that Genesis didn’t just go LED across the board. Why make a completely second housing/part number? They could have easily adjusted the car price a little to cover it.
My Sealight LEDs were S2. Not sure if the model from S1 to S2 makes a difference. At night I can see much better with the LEDs. Hikaris are also good. Let me know how that goes, any errors ect. I hear ya about Genesis not going all Models with LEDs.

kirbster1966

Norwood Ontario
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Tested the Hikari Ultra tonight.
Much better beam pattern and brightness.
This will stay in the Ram for a bit (reflector type housing). If my wife doesn’t mind the super cool white, will fit a set on the G70.

gbarreto

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Tested the Hikari Ultra tonight.
Much better beam pattern and brightness.
This will stay in the Ram for a bit (reflector type housing). If my wife doesn’t mind the super cool white, will fit a set on the G70.
Thought you were installing the Hikaris on the G70. Wanted to see if they worked. If they did, without any problems, would replace mine and put the ones I have on, on the high beams. Post when you try them on. Thanks.

Pickle

Crunchy and Sour
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just found this story, for those looking to replace their halogen bulbs with LED ones.
TL;DR: DON'T buy 3 or 4 sided ones. The more the LED emitters match a halogen filament, the better.

Jrkaiser

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Lol..just noticed that. It is something minimal though. Everything else is good. Like I said, NO ERROR at all. Not even the noise from the cooling fan from the LEDs. I didn't want to make a hole on the dust cover and that was a plus. If anyone is concern about the clip going over the little bump, they shouldn't be because placed together, they are hard to take apart. If you want to go the extra mile, zip tie the 2 connections.

Update....just shaved down the connection from the LED with my rotary tool, clip was able to go over the bump now. Minor problem fixed. 👍
Did you get the s2 or S1 ???

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums