G70 Advertisements

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I sometimes hate that I enjoy listening to rap and hip hop because most of these guys are such idiots. lol

Not really a fan of either of these "commercials" though. (n)

TurtleBoy

Registered Member
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Lol. Why would they want an idiot like that associated with their brand. Baffling.
I'm assuming they are marketing the G70 to the same target audience as BMW does the 3 Series which is primarily males between the ages of 25 and 39. My guess is Lil Wayne is popular in that segment.

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I'm assuming they are marketing the G70 to the same target audience as BMW does the 3 Series which is primarily males between the ages of 25 and 39. My guess is Lil Wayne is popular in that segment.
I don't know about the others here, but as a 29yo his music appeals to me. Now some of his actions.....but, got to take the good with the bad. They probably wanted to capitalize on the fact that Tha Carter V just came out and it's been a long awaited album.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
CT
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I don't know about the others here, but as a 29yo his music appeals to me. Now some of his actions.....but, got to take the good with the bad. They probably wanted to capitalize on the fact that Tha Carter V just came out and it's been a long awaited album.
Taking both the good and bad can have nasty repercussions though depending on how bad it is. Image means a lot and the image of many rappers is not so good. Of course, it is not easy today to find a celebrity that has not been arrested for drugs.

Mr. Incredible

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
his music doesn't bother me, not my flavor but I am tolerant of any genre of music having grown up in a house of musicians and marrying into a family of musicians, my wife's cousin and her uncle are the Latin Band Tierra (Tierra). I'm a old white dude, the music doesn't bother me.

my issue is strictly with his behavior and cursing in this representation of Genesis. What is the point of having a video advertising the brand and the model when the song is so full of cursing it gets silenced out and sounds like a skipping record from the 1970s, if they had bleeped it out, it would have sounded like a semi truck backing up.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.