• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

G70 Alignment and Brake issues

Revvster_G70

Registered Member
champaign, Illinois
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So 4 months into ownership

Car - Genesis G70 3.3TT in Siberian ICE
Problems -- Wobbly Steering wheel and Vibrations at highway speeds
Miles - 5560miles
Age 4 months since purchase

Have been in the city for the last month and been noticing the brake wobble go up a little bit. There was some wobble before which time to time kept going and coming back. Took the car to the highway the other day and was cruising at about 70MPH and felt an unusual vibration from the car -- Decided to have some fun by going into the exit hotter than usual, braked and noticed a wobble from the steering wheel -- Checked again and found the wobble is consistent.

was anyways giving the car for first service >> called Genesis dealer and picked up a loaner yesterday >> they Diagnosed the car and said The Tyres have uneven wear and the Rotors are warped :-/
Waiting on the service manager to check the car on Monday and order parts. The service advisor said new brake rotors or resurface the old ones and probably new tyres in warranty. Now I am scared what will be up with it after warranty expires?

Local dealer gave me a g70 2.0 loaner so at-least have a car.
never had rotors go bad in the first 6000 miles on any car before. :(

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
brake vibration is a common issue unfortunately, there are lots of threads about it here and on the stinger forum. The good news is that there is a TSB out there about it, and since they resurfaced mine the vibrations have not come back. It could, but warranty is long enough Im not worried about it

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Good luck. That vibration is really annoying. I'm so glad mine is gone. The standard Genesis procedure is to turn the rotors first, and then if that doesn't fix it they will replace them. Mine had to be replaced. I also paid to have the high performance pads put on ($400 for those!). I love them, and I think they're the reason the vibration hasn't returned, despite some aggressive braking during "spirited" driving 😊.
In most cases, it's actually uneven deposits from the pads onto the rotors, not actually warped rotors. Re-bedding the pads can help.
I didn't have uneven tire wear, but I did find that they weren't balanced properly. 😬
It's so nice when the vibration is gone!

Last edited:

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I had my rotors resurfaced 5 months ago and my brakes started to wobble a couple of weeks ago, I re bedded the brake pads and everything worked fine again. In these days I prefer not to go to the stealership for a rotor swap, let's see how long they last.

Revvster_G70

Registered Member
champaign, Illinois
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Car is still in the shop -- They found that the front two tyres are uneven -- The car has never hit a huge pothole at a considerable speed from 32 to 5600 miles on it. so it came without a proper alignment from the factory? - They are performing an alignment after a tyre change.
The Rotors are warped as per the shop and they are not resurfacing them but replacing them.

a day or two in the shop more/ Hopefully the vibrations go away :/

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums