G70 at Auto Shows?

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Our local car show is coming in about 3 weeks (Orange County International Auto Show.)

Per the show map, Genesis has 6482 square feet between Maserati and Infiniti. They are supposed to have the GV80 there, so let’s see if they can get a G70 (or two or three) squeezed in there.

I had originally been expecting to actually have the G70 before October, but being in California...who knows. Sad that that the G70 will not likely be sold first in Genesis USAs home state, but time will tell.

Attachments

ACCHRM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Hm...I almost gave up on the G70 for the 2019 Volvo S60, they are both supposed to come out around the same time with the difference that we know the price of the Volvo lol. I'm from San Diego, so I might drop by to see if they have each of them out there!

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Edmonton had a few G70's at our autoshow back in mid-April. Granted it was about the exact week the cars showed up and were available to buy. I can't see why they wouldn't be putting them into local auto shows in the US now.

Steve Nor Cal

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
Well I just looked at the Sacramento auto show map and do not see Genesis. Looks like I go and look at the competition.

Toddasaurus

Hasn't posted much yet...
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Our local car show is coming in about 3 weeks (Orange County International Auto Show.)

Per the show map, Genesis has 6482 square feet between Maserati and Infiniti. They are supposed to have the GV80 there, so let’s see if they can get a G70 (or two or three) squeezed in there.

I had originally been expecting to actually have the G70 before October, but being in California...who knows. Sad that that the G70 will not likely be sold first in Genesis USAs home state, but time will tell.
Jealous. The Portland International Auto Show isn't until January. I can't wait, I love going to car shows, almost as much as my little daughter. Haha.

rapidus

Registered Member
I’ll be at the OC Show and the LA Auto Show. I’d expect them to take it to the latter unless they still “aren’t ready.” I’d love to at least sit in the thing.

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Greetings G70 Forum Members!

Ed Okin reporting from the OC Auto Show in Anaheim, California.

I’m at the happiest place on earth, the driver’s seat of a G70.

Pics below.

Last edited:

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Congrats! Hopefully you find the car even better in person like most of the members here that own one do. :)

I can't see the attachments so you may need to try to upload again.

Steve Nor Cal

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Coupe (2009-2016)
Very cool. Makes me want to take the 6 hour drive south the see it and sit in it. I have A Genesis Coupe, what is your size observation compared to that? After being told by San Jose Genesis that CA would not be seeing the cars this year I had to go look at Vettes again. I emailed Kevin Smith at Genesis and he replied that CA is getting them just no date. Are you able to get anything out of the folks at the show?

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Very cool. Makes me want to take the 6 hour drive south the see it and sit in it. I have A Genesis Coupe, what is your size observation compared to that? After being told by San Jose Genesis that CA would not be seeing the cars this year I had to go look at Vettes again. I emailed Kevin Smith at Genesis and he replied that CA is getting them just no date. Are you able to get anything out of the folks at the show?
Anyone on this forum knows 10 times as much as any of the pleasant, but uninformed models hired to stand next to the cars. One guy was adamant that there were no G70s for sale anywhere in the US. I politely diagreed and suggested he check cars.com. 😮

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Back to your first question; I have never sat in the Genesis Coupe, so I’m not a good info source. What I can say is that the driver’s seat is very comfortable. It’s snug, but in a good way. I went right over to the G80 and sat in it so I could compare and felt equally comfortable. The back seats, while fine for leg and head room do have the issue mentioned by either Sofyan of Redline Reviews or Alex of AoA, which is lack of toe room. That is the only thing I could say “bothered” me. The other “issue” that some people might care about is the shallow trunk, but on the “plus” side there is a decent spare tire under the trunk mat.

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Southern California, USA
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I’m making my 3rd visit to the OC Auto Show tomorrow (Sun. 10/07/18). If anyone wants a photo of anything on a Red 2.0T Mallorca Blue Sport AT rwd or 3.3T Sport rwd, I’ll do my best to get it.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.