• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

G70: AWD vs RWD

RWD vs AWD?

• RWD

Votes: 47 35.1%
  • AWD

Votes: 87 64.9%

• Total voters

Torqued

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I live in GA, so snow is not the issue. Its all about traction. My last car being a charger 392, with tires wider than this car, having AWD makes people cry who have more hp but just sit and spin. While RWD would be fun to get squirelly, the AWD just hooks and goes. You may be able to get it to break loose with traction/stability control off, but its still not easy, even with stage 2 JB4

Avocent

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Almost settled for a RWD from Georgia but I do occasionally visit family in the TriState and my butt puckers with the thought of Snow, no snow tires and RWD O_O.

gdevine

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I had the same dilemma: should I get RWD or AWD. Not many AWD available in California. I loved the spirit of the RWD but, I drive to the Sierra's on several weekends so I decided I had to check out an AWD. I found the AWD to be just a tad bit heavier on the feel however when I turned off Stability and traction control, I didn't notice much difference. I ended up getting the AWD sport edition and am glad I did. Its absolutely a blast to drive and I love the heated steering wheel. The sport comes with aggressive summer tires so I feel much more confident in rain or light snow with the AWD.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums