• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

G70 doesn't recognize aftermarket TPMS sensors

GiGi

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
When I ordered my winter wheel/tire package, I got a set of aftermarket multi-frequency (315/433 Mhz) TPMS sensors installed too, but I've put 70 or 80 miles on the car since the winter wheels were put on yesterday, and the dash widget still says "drive to display" (or whatever it says before the TPMS registers).

Anybody know how to get the car to recognize the new sensors? I've searched the manual and this forum and google and have not found an answer.

Thanks!

LandOfConfusion

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The computer should recognize the sensors automatically after a relatively short period of driving. by “short,” I mean a mile or two at the most. To my knowledge, there is no method for manually forcing a synchronization of the sensors.

I would suspect there’s either something wrong with the sensors or perhaps they’re not the correct part number. Maybe check with whomever sold them to you.

GiGi

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The computer should recognize the sensors automatically after a relatively short period of driving. by “short,” I mean a mile or two at the most. To my knowledge, there is no method for manually forcing a synchronization of the sensors.

I would suspect there’s either something wrong with the sensors or perhaps they’re not the correct part number. Maybe check with whomever sold them to you.
Yeah, that's what I thought, too. Thanks!

GarnetTy1473

Been here awhile...
Noblesville, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
According to our shop manual, new TPMS sensors need to be "registered" using Hyundai's scan tool. So looks like you'll have to take it to the dealer, or find someone with a scanner that compatible.

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I could be wrong but I think I read somewhere in this forum about other members that have installed new (not aftermarket but OEM) TPMS in their G70 without having to take their cars to the dealer to register them. The bib question here with the OP is that his TPMS are not OEM but aftermarket multi-frequency (315/433 Mhz) TPMS. Will they fit or will they need to be registered?

GiGi

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Did you order from Tire Rack? Mine paired within 2 miles automatically, but I had to order them using the Stinger GT configuration as opposed to the G70.
No, I got them from CarID.com when I ordered the wheel/tire package; they were the ones offered with the package (which was explicitly for my G70 with Brembo brakes), so I assumed they were the right ones. I'll probably run it over to the dealer, as @GarnetTy1473 suggested.

Timbo Slice

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
To avoid any problems, it is best to use OEM parts with these vehicles whether it be tpms sensors, O2 sensors etc. Same thing with key fobs, go buy one off Amazon and there is a 90% chance it won't program to the vehicle.
Best thing to do is visit a dealer. Tell them you want to try and have the sensors programmed, but go in with an understanding the aftermarket sensors may or may not work.

steelers84

Registered Member
Then there is no dout, the TPMS from the Stinger GT sold at Tire Rack work on our G70 w/o having to program anything.
My assumption (and it's a pure assumption) is that they work right away because they're a 433MHz TPMS sensor in specific. I assume universal ones can be set to multiple frequencies (as GiGi pointed out in the first post) which require the correct frequency setting. Hopefully after the proper frequency is set, they automatically connect every season like the Tire Rack ones do.

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My assumption (and it's a pure assumption) is that they work right away because they're a 433MHz TPMS sensor in specific. I assume universal ones can be set to multiple frequencies (as GiGi pointed out in the first post) which require the correct frequency setting. Hopefully after the proper frequency is set, they automatically connect every season like the Tire Rack ones do.
That's my guess too.

genericgenesis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Does this mean a generic 433 MHz generic sensor should work? How else can the car differentiate between oem 433 va aftermarket 433. This is my current debate right now.

I can’t find anything that will arrive by Monday.

Last edited:
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums