G70 Driver [seat] position memory issue

Batsgo

Genesis G70
Ref owner's manual pgs.3-15/3-83 defines how the driver seat should retract rearward to allow for ease of entry and exit by moving to the rear when opening the driver door for exiting and return to normal driving position when re-entering and closing the driver door. My G70 driver seat does not respond IAW manuals description where by it is not moving rearward as required. Any insights for correction will be helpful.

Andy111

Registered Member
Whitby Ontario Canada
Genesis G70
Depends if you already have it back as far as it can go based on your height and preferred driving position. I’m 6’ tall and have it all the way back so it goes no further on entry/exit.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis G80
Ref owner's manual pgs.3-15/3-83 defines how the driver seat should retract rearward to allow for ease of entry and exit by moving to the rear when opening the driver door for exiting and return to normal driving position when re-entering and closing the driver door. My G70 driver seat does not respond IAW manuals description where by it is not moving rearward as required. Any insights for correction will be helpful.
Check that it is selected in the options display.

Batsgo

Genesis G70
Depends if you already have it back as far as it can go based on your height and preferred driving position. I’m 6’ tall and have it all the way back so it goes no further on entry/exit.
To clarify about my G70, my normal drive position is about half way back so there is room for it to move further back from my normal position. When I open the door to get out, the seat performs zero movement to the rear . Thanks for your response.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
To clarify about my G70, my normal drive position is about half way back so there is room for it to move further back from my normal position. When I open the door to get out, the seat performs zero movement to the rear . Thanks for your response.
Even though there is room for it to move, it will only move if you your driving position is VERY close to the steering wheel. Case in point, I consider my driving position to be pretty dang close to the steering wheel, but the seat easy access doesn't move my seat back at all. My wife, on the other hand, sits even closer to the steering wheel than me and the seat will back up from her driving position every time.

I assume this is due to safety, just in case someone is in the back seat behind the driver, we don't want anybody to be squished. So even though there is room for it to move back, it won't unless you're very close to the wheel. Try adjusting the seat much further forward and I bet you'll get it to move back upon exit/entry.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums