G70 Dynamic Edition - Ceramic Coating

CVODON

Registered Member
Genesis G70
This is a new one, They charge you less to do a half-ass job? Why would anyone want to have anything only partially done? Keep in mind, the Ceramic will hi-lite the remaining scratches that they feel are part of the 85%. Why not just wash it and then coat it? Any one can apply coating, it is just wipe-on/wipe-off so what your paying for it preparation to eliminate the scratches.
Anyone who can walk and talk at the same time can correct and apply ceramic coating. Try it, save yourself hundreds of dollars. I promise if your willing to accept a 85% job you can easily achieve this in less than a day, and D/A polishers are cheap, as is Ceramic Coating.

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis G70
I assume the 85% is probably a good one thorough one-step polish suitable for a new car and the full boat is a 2 or 3 step compound/polish/glaze type of thing, which might be necessary for older cars with damaged or worn paint.

Shadymouse

Registered Member
Yonkers, NY
Genesis G70
I assume the 85% is probably a good one thorough one-step polish suitable for a new car and the full boat is a 2 or 3 step compound/polish/glaze type of thing, which might be necessary for older cars with damaged or worn paint.
More or less. Fairly new cars with micro scratches just needs a polish with the softest compound foam-pad follow by another polish with a wool or microfiber pad. The polish with the microfiber 'may' just be the only pass you need. Anyway, one pass from both both pads will have your paint looking new again...

Which is something I should do tbh. Just been working on my girlfriend's bike, which I'm done with now. So maybe I'll polish this Friday or Saturday.

Cschinke

Genesis G70
yep, I am scheduled in for this Friday 1600 for exterior enhancement detail (goal is to remove about 85% of the paint defects) and modesta bc-08 coating all exterior surfaces door jambs, glass rim faces. The other option is charge by the hour 100 percent paint correction, all exterior glass ect with rims off so they do rims, barrels and calipers with modesta bc-04 bc 05. It is estimated to be around 2600. The cars at the shop that were finished were beautiful and it does seem like overkill possibly. Getting it done at Chicago auto pros

Riouxgrande

Registered Member
Genesis G70
I've got chemical guys hydro slick and hydro charge sitting in the garage waiting to be put on. Will use chemical guys clean slate wash soap the first go around (delivered tomorrow) and then every other wash use their hydro suds ceramic wash soap to keep the ceramic coating lasting longer. Will see how this turns out vs the professional alternative. I've got their extreme wheel protector too to keep those glossy sport wheels protected from the hot break dust. First go around with CG products but confident I'll like the results.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums