G70 Factory Service Manual

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
All.

The G70 Factory Service Manual, including tech bulletins and basically all the information related to our cars is available online. However, you must pay for a subscription to access it. As of today, I paid for a 1 week access pass, and I've downloaded as much information as I possibly can; but there is simply too much to get it all. Even so, I was able to get pretty much all of the shop manual info, minus some of the interior/exterior body segment, as you have to click each component individually to be able to download it, so I only got some things.

If you want to access the site, it's here....
Genesis Service Website

If you want something specific, feel free to PM me and I can email you PDF's of what I've downloaded. Or I can see if I can find what you're looking for while I still have access. My access will expire on Monday, May 20th.

Also, if someone has a place we can upload what I've got, I'd be more than happy to upload it so everyone can access what I've gotten so far. Please keep in mind that the shop manual specifics I have downloaded are associated with my VIN, so a USDM 3.3TT AWD Sport (though much of it is applicable to all models).

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What's the correct way to remove the air filter housing?
With the 4 clips popped back and the hose loosened and pulled out, the cover still doesn't slide out. I had to loosen the strut brace and it seemed like way too much effort!
The air box on the 2.0t and 3.3t look similarly placed with the notch for the strut bar on top!

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What's the correct way to remove the air filter housing?
With the 4 clips popped back and the hose loosened and pulled out, the cover still doesn't slide out. I had to loosen the strut brace and it seemed like way too much effort!
The air box on the 2.0t and 3.3t look similarly placed with the notch for the strut bar on top!

Here ya go.. for the 2.0.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks. I got it done my way earlier but now I know the right way.
I was leery of loosening the strut tower brace. Didn't want to f$%k with any chassis torsion rigidity component!

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks. I got it done my way earlier but now I know the right way.
I was leery of loosening the strut tower brace. Didn't want to f$%k with any chassis torsion rigidity component!
Haha, I don't blame you. It's always a bit unnerving when you do stuff on your own on a brand new car, without having a guide to show you what *not* to do!

CaliG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
This is awesome! Are you familiar with Google Drive? You can make a folder and upload all the files and have it accessible by a link posted on the forum!

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This is awesome! Are you familiar with Google Drive? You can make a folder and upload all the files and have it accessible by a link posted on the forum!
Ah yes. That's a good idea. Haha. Didn't even think of that.

Gonna do more downloading tomorrow, hopefully I'll have enough time to set it all up in Google drive as well the same day.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've finished downloading everything worth (to me) to download, and I've uploaded a zip file containing all of the PDF's to my Google Drive. I want to start a new thread and have it posted as a sticky so everyone can easily access all of the info. I've PM'd @Genesis Motors to see if we can get that set up.

CaliG70

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I've finished downloading everything worth (to me) to download, and I've uploaded a zip file containing all of the PDF's to my Google Drive. I want to start a new thread and have it posted as a sticky so everyone can easily access all of the info. I've PM'd @Genesis Motors to see if we can get that set up.
Thank you for putting in the time!

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
If you can, make it "read only" or something similar so people can't accidentally and delete something if they misclick

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Everyone - so it looks like I am not allowed to distribute the information found in the genesistechinfo.com. Here is a quote from their Terms Of Use...

www.genesistechinfo.com said:
2. RESTRICTIONS ON THE USE OF THE SITE
As a condition of using the site, you agree that you will not:
(a) Without the prior written consent of Genesis, modify, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works of, transfer, or sell any Content;
Considering the above, I realise that I shouldn't be trying to post all of the information I've looked at. In fact, evidently I'm not even allowed to post screenshots of manual sections like I've done recently.... (I will delete those screenshots)

I really want to help others out in the forum who like to do their own automotive work. And I was hoping having access to the FSM would've helped to do so; but, the legal ramifications of sharing this are just too dangerous for me, and I really don't want to push my luck.

I suppose if we all would like to write Genesis a letter and ask for consent to publish the FSM on this site, we could do that and cross our fingers, but I'm really doubtful we would get permission.

I'm sorry for bringing up a false sense of hope, everyone. 😞

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Everyone - so it looks like I am not allowed to distribute the information found in the genesistechinfo.com. Here is a quote from their Terms Of Use...

Considering the above, I realise that I shouldn't be trying to post all of the information I've looked at. In fact, evidently I'm not even allowed to post screenshots of manual sections like I've done recently.... (I will delete those screenshots)

I really want to help others out in the forum who like to do their own automotive work. And I was hoping having access to the FSM would've helped to do so; but, the legal ramifications of sharing this are just too dangerous for me, and I really don't want to push my luck.

I suppose if we all would like to write Genesis a letter and ask for consent to publish the FSM on this site, we could do that and cross our fingers, but I'm really doubtful we would get permission.

I'm sorry for bringing up a false sense of hope, everyone. 😞
Can't say I blame you one bit here. Does it look like it's possible to purchase rather than rent the service manual?

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
@Toddasaurus How much do they charge for the website access?
The site doesn't seem to show any pricing info unless you sign up first.
The sign up is quick and easy, and free. From there it will show you the prices. I paid $100 for a 1 week access. Or you could pay $250 for 1 month, or even something silly like $2,500 for 1 year.

Michael_V

Registered Member
Bawstin, MA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks for the link Toddasaurus.
$100, compared to what we've paid for our car, is a small price to pay to have the information, DIY or not. Spend a little time to download the documentation. The only issue I have is not being aware of TSB's as they are released, once my 1 week is over.