G70 front and rear rotor removal (Brembo equipped)

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
Was able to remove the rotors today so I can get them turned. I recorded the process.

Hope this is helpful for anyone who wants/needs to do the same thing!

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Nice job Todd. Is this to address the brake squeal? Did you try adding any (or more) anti-squeal lube during re-assembly?

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
Nice job Todd. Is this to address the brake squeal? Did you try adding any (or more) anti-squeal lube during re-assembly?
I just got new pads (Hawk HP+) so I figured I'd start with a fresh new rotor surface before installing. These came with high temp grease so I'll apply it when installing, hopefully it will tame any potential squeal.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Oh yeah, I forgot you were going to switch to Hawk pads. Probably a good idea to start with a fresh rotor surface for bedding them in. Good luck - let us know how it goes.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis G70
Interested to hear how the Hawk Pads are on the G70. I had them on one of my Honda's and really liked them for daily driving and autocross.

The G70 stock pads are pretty good, although I find they bite a bit quick half way through slow braking.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
Interested to hear how the Hawk Pads are on the G70. I had them on one of my Honda's and really liked them for daily driving and autocross.

The G70 stock pads are pretty good, although I find they bite a bit quick half way through slow braking.

Me too! My last set I used them on my EG2 civic hatch that I autocrossed with. Loved them then. Just bedded them today, and HOT DAMN - I forgot how good these pads feel!! I'll write a review soon. They're not even fully broken in yet and they're already amazing.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
Can you please put the website you bought brake pads from..thank you...tha ks for the video
KNS Brakes - select the Stinger as your vehicle, since they don't have an option for the G70.

KNS Brakes

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis G70
It's surprising to me how long it's taking part manufacturers and sellers to get the G70 in their catalogues. It's been two years now. Good thing we can select the Stinger, but I can see some cases where you're not sure if the Stinger part will fit.

DonMufti

Genesis G70
And a picture of my freshly turned rotor lining, just for fun.

View attachment 30433

:)
Im grateful for all your input and your videos. I just ordered that hawk hps ceramic pads for my car ,g70 Sport 3.3 Rear Drive. Was also interested in getting slotted and drilled rotors...do you by any chance know where i can find them? I checked at the brake site but they only have regular rotors

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
Im grateful for all your input and your videos. I just ordered that hawk hps ceramic pads for my car ,g70 Sport 3.3 Rear Drive. Was also interested in getting slotted and drilled rotors...do you by any chance know where i can find them? I checked at the brake site but they only have regular rotors

You're welcome!

Here is one option... Keep in mind the Brembo equipped Stinger uses the exact same caliper, pad, and rotor that ours use.

Front: Kia Stinger Cquence Slotted Front Rotors Pair

Rear: KIA Stinger Cquence Slotted Rotors Rear

I think Khartunerz has other brands as well. I've seen a bunch of two piece, floating disc style rotors out there, too.

Good luck! And let us know how it all goes!

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis G70
Agree. Toddasaurus's posts are greatly appreciated. Kudos on many levels.

Last edited:

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis G70
With drilled rotors you're losing surface area. Also, you need to watch for cracks developing between the holes.

CannonballRun

Registered Member
DC area
Genesis G70
With drilled rotors you're losing surface area. Also, you need to watch for cracks developing between the holes.
I don't want to be argumentative, but how does Porsche pull it off with their drilled rotors? Are theirs a diff/better quality? I have heard the surface area/cracks statement before and I honestly don't know the answer. But some of these exotics do it from the factory.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis G70
No problem, I hear what you're saying and have wondered the same thing myself. In fact, I recently bought a 2010 911 which has drilled factory rotors. So far no cracks (only 24k miles) but I'm going to keep an eye on them.
I was just going by what I've read before buying rotors for other sporty cars.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums