• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

G70 gets new 3d digital instrument cluster for S Korea

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That 3D cockpit is a friggin joke. All it does is show your speed/tack in a few different ways. No navigation, etc...unless he didn't know how to do it. But I doubt it since the center seems consistent with what there is now...and the two outer areas seem digital now.

Anyway...if you are seriously waiting to buy the next year model for that...I'm laughing at you...LOL. No offense of course :)

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
That 3D cockpit is a friggin joke. All it does is show your speed/tack in a few different ways. No navigation, etc...unless he didn't know how to do it. But I doubt it since the center seems consistent with what there is now...and the two outer areas seem digital now.

Anyway...if you are seriously waiting to buy the next year model for that...I'm laughing at you...LOL. No offense of course :)
Lol non taken. I'm buying and not leasing so I would prefer to have as many options as possible available when I buy it. Plus, since it's a first year model, I would like to give them a year to find any problems. There were funny rattles and paint problems and such with the Stinger in its first year model even though Korea had it for a while before us so same could happen with this vehicle. If I were leasing like I usually do, I would just get it now because I wouldn't have it for a long period. Also, yeah it doesn't seem like they're doing much with the digital dash but they can always do firmware updates that add stuff. I was iffy about buying the first year model anyway, but the rollout has been ridiculous and then I found there may be more options next year. So for me, the sum of all of that leads me to wait a year.

Edit: I wish I could lease it, but I already have my SUV on lease and I'd feel foolish leasing two vehicles.

mochicat

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Driving an 2018 s4. I really dont give a f$%k. LOL. No offense of course.

Cowtown

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Greater Victoria, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Looks nice enough and this tech is cool but I guess I'm still pretty happy with manual sweeps in my car with some digital augmentation. Next one when they are commodity is A-OK for me.

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So it's looking like you can assign different digital dashes to each mode, that's cool. Also, not exactly related, but it looks like the trunk has power closing in their model now. At first it was only power open, correct?

Edmguy

Registered Member
Edmonton, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So it's looking like you can assign different digital dashes to each mode, that's cool. Also, not exactly related, but it looks like the trunk has power closing in their model now. At first it was only power open, correct?
It is just a power release and then it basically springs open. The 2019 Korean model does full power up and down. Same as the G80 and G90 have and many other cars. It is about the only thing I miss on my 5 series.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Anyone notice that the digital dashboard is already available on the NA Kia K900?
It looks extremely similar. Not sure about the 3D sensor though!