EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Lolll I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one who doesn't know how to dm. Still waiting on that link...
You haven't been here long enough. To prevent spamming members you have to wait and participate to meet the criteria.

piby2

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hi, sorry for the late response.

I'm not sure if it's against the rules to put a link in the forums so I'm gonna ask you to DM me if you want the exact link. If you look at your owner's manual, it will explain how to change the bulbs. Pretty straight forward with this one...there is a hatch in front of the front wheels that you can screw open and easily change the headlight bulbs (just turn your wheels inward and you will have room to access). I would not recommend HIDs I have tried them before and I talk about them in length earlier on this thread if you read more carefully. The model I used is plug and play, 1 for 1, very simple built-in decoder and should fit like a glove. There really isn't that much room to hold and HID ballast which is part of the reason I recommend against it.

Hope these answers your questions.
This is very helpful. I will go the LED route if there is not much space. Thank you so much.

AJames30

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Was very simple. Took me like 20 mins tops. Here are some before and after pics! The key is to find the right LED bulb with the correct chip and size so it fits 1:1 and has a built-in decoder. Fuses usually are not an issue since LED has lower wattage than Halogen anyway. Hope this is useful for someone in the future who purchases the base model who wants to save a chunk of change for full LED headlights (got the bulbs on amazon for $30!!).
Was very simple. Took me like 20 mins tops. Here are some before and after pics! The key is to find the right LED bulb with the correct chip and size so it fits 1:1 and has a built-in decoder. Fuses usually are not an issue since LED has lower wattage than Halogen anyway. Hope this is useful for someone in the future who purchases the base model who wants to save a chunk of change for full LED headlights (got the bulbs on amazon for $30!!).

These look excellent! I also have the 2.0T Advanced and looking to change the headlights. Any way you could please provide the link to the ones you purchased? Thanks!

SteveD

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Which LED lights did you go with ?!

cseymore18

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Link to purchase of LED?

Junaid7m

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey guys,

I ended up swapping out the halogens for LEDs.

After doing some research, I went with these bulbs:

GTR Lighting Ultra Series LED Headlight Bulbs - 9005 / HB3 (CX)

I was lucky enough to get them during a cyber monday sale for like $70 USD. Though they're still greatly discounted.

Swap was super easy. Just keep in mind that you will be able to put the rubberized seal back in place, but the plastic cover will not fit. I had my buddy who is a certified mechanic give me a hand and he said the absence of the plastic cover is immaterial and I shouldn't have any issues with water damaging the electrical.

The entire LED assembly fits into the housing. And it works great. Also, no error messages.

Here are some pics. Sorry I got so excited I forgot to take before pics lol. I think it looks sooooo much better.

Attachments

• 20200210_090952_20200210094445469.jpg
    20200210_090952_20200210094445469.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200210_090943_20200210094348800.jpg
    20200210_090943_20200210094348800.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 39

Pickle

Crunchy and Sour
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just found this story, for those looking to replace their halogen bulbs with LED ones.
TL;DR: DON'T buy 3 or 4 sided ones. The more the LED emitters match a halogen filament, the better.
(sorry for the x-post. There were 2 threads about headlight bulbs)

Fatboy43

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So do the leds you guys are using to replace the bulbs do both low and high beam? If so does the auto dim still work?

Fatboy43

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just in case I confused anyone else as much as I confused myself I didn’t realize the G70 takes four of the same exact bulb. I only ordered two so I put them in the high beam location since that’s the most difficult to access and will install the two for the low beams when they arrive. I guess for now I will just have really dim lows and super bright highs.

ssrai112

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Which bulbs did you go with off amazon? I’m getting a 2020 2.0 G70 base model tomorrow and also hate the halogen headlights. Every Genesis I have seen has LEDs so I didn’t even think to look at that before signing.

Fatboy43

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I used these for all 4 bulbs. I’m extremely happy with the results. There is a little nub on the plastic of the bulb that needs trimmed just a tiny bit for the harness to click onto the bulb but it’s a super easy job. Two bulbs can be reached from inside the fender wells and the high beams can be reached from under the hood by popping the plastic cover off and loosening up 3 bolts per light to get some wiggle room. Takes no time at all

Attachments

• 59A02673-47BE-48DD-90E7-B620E939BEAF.png
    59A02673-47BE-48DD-90E7-B620E939BEAF.png
    829 KB · Views: 11

Fatboy43

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Some pics of them. I think they look better than the higher end models factory leds

Attachments

• FD7C9BF0-4075-4AC3-9736-24F3CA416073.jpeg
    FD7C9BF0-4075-4AC3-9736-24F3CA416073.jpeg
    263.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 2849713D-DAA0-4C6E-9BA4-155D2E395D37.jpeg
    2849713D-DAA0-4C6E-9BA4-155D2E395D37.jpeg
    241.9 KB · Views: 22

Sztiglitz

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
can't wait to do mine. i drove tested my ride during the day so I did not notice i had halogen yellows after i got home... i assumed all g70 were coming with LED lights... foolish of me.

Last edited:

Sztiglitz

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I used these for all 4 bulbs. I’m extremely happy with the results. There is a little nub on the plastic of the bulb that needs trimmed just a tiny bit for the harness to click onto the bulb but it’s a super easy job. Two bulbs can be reached from inside the fender wells and the high beams can be reached from under the hood by popping the plastic cover off and loosening up 3 bolts per light to get some wiggle room. Takes no time at all
bought the same set I will try to install it today, plus replacment of reverse and turn signal lights.

Marcus_31

Genesis Model Year
G70
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hi all,

I just purchased a base model (2.0 advanced) g70 about a month ago and trying to replace the base HB3 halogen headlights with LEDs. I'm pretty much a noob at this whole process but I think it looks really awkward right now with the ugly yellow halogen lights. I know it was a particularly hard process to get to the headlights on the hyundai genesis coupe so it was more worth it for non technical types like me to just take it to the mechanic for a quick repair. I was wondering if anyone has replaced their headlights yet and if so how they went about it? Is it easy to do yourself or do you need to remove quite a few parts in order to access them? Also, any knowledge of aftermarket LED lights that would fit without all the bulk (cables, ballasts, etc.)?

Thanks again!
You can go on Amazon and purchase them they are called Fahren 9005/HB3 led headlight bulb 60w 10,000 lumens

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners