G70 Headlight replacement

Sztiglitz

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have an update for people still looking into replacing their Low beam headlights. I bought 3 diffrent ones to test out in my 2019 G70 AWD 2.0T I do have Halogen low/high beams and I do not like them.

Here is the following 3 headlights I tried so far and the results.

Fahren 9005/HB3 LED Headlight Bulbs, 60W 10000 Lumens Super Bright LED Headlights Conversion Kit 6500K Cool White IP68 Waterproof, Pack of 2

Fahren 9005 were good. After I installed both and turn the engine, no error popped up; no smoke. Only issue with this item is the can-bus. When installing this light you will need to mount the can-bus either outside of the headlights housing using provided zip-tie or you can jam the can bus into the headlight but I am not sure if that is safe. probably it isn't. As a result of the Can-bus you wont be able to close the cover protecting the headlights.

SEALIGHT S2 9005 LED Headlight Bulbs, HB3 High Beam, 90 Degrees Base Like Halogen Bulbs, +100% extra Night Driving Vision 6000K LED Bulb Conversion Kit with Fan, Pack of 2

Sealight S2 9005 did not work at all after installation, they never turn on, I am not sure If i got a faulty pair but they never went on. They come without the Can-Bus. It was easy plug and play instalation.

Torchbeam T2 9005 LED Headlight Bulbs, High Beam, HB3 Replacement Bulb, 12000LM 400% Brightness, 6500K Cool White, Compact Size Plug-and-Play, 50000+ Hour Lifespan, Pack of 2

Torchbeam T2 9005 - Easy to install plug and play bulbs. This brand out of all 3 was the worst in my expirience. Once I turn on the engine white smoke, with a burning smell started to come out within 30 sec. of the headlight being on. I had to remove them out of precausion. This pair also comes without a Can-Bus.

Out of all 3 The safest bet would be Fahren I think due to Can-Bus, which is a double-eged sword. The headlight cover won't be going back on unless you maybe drill a hole into the cover to run cable through.

So far the search still continues...

P.S. English is my second language I appologise for grammar and mistakes.

Last edited:

Sztiglitz

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Was very simple. Took me like 20 mins tops. Here are some before and after pics! The key is to find the right LED bulb with the correct chip and size so it fits 1:1 and has a built-in decoder. Fuses usually are not an issue since LED has lower wattage than Halogen anyway. Hope this is useful for someone in the future who purchases the base model who wants to save a chunk of change for full LED headlights (got the bulbs on amazon for $30!!).
Can u send a link to the amazon for LED headlights you got ?

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners