• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

G70 Lease Comparisons and Discussion (USA)

Gianttama

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
In Canada: 2.4% now, was 2.9% a few months ago, looks like the lowered it.

they had special rate of 1.9% during pre-launch in Canada, some folks signed up and paid $1000 deposit for the car and got the special rate. when i got mine, it was after the special period, and the rate was @ 2.9%. I emailed genesis canada coporate, asked if they would honor the special rate and they did.

just sharing my story, not sure if they will do the same pre-launch special rate thing in the states. good luck to our ameri-friends with your leases/purchases.

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Right now Genesis G80 has the worst MF in its history (around .00126-.00196 depending of the state and zip code) Residual is bad as usual (50%-52% on 12k miles) but lease cash incentives are high (around $5500 or more )
Let's see how it goes with the G70

ACCHRM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I was initially on the market only for the G70, but because of bad or no info from Genesis on time frame pricing etc I started looking elsewhere. At this point I am between the Volvo S60 and the G70. I am equally interested in both, at least until I sit in both vehicles, they should come out around the same time. In order for me to take a deal is to get a lease payment of 1% of MSRP. At this point I am between the 2.0 Elite at 39k or T5 R Design at 43k. Time will tell!

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was initially on the market only for the G70, but because of bad or no info from Genesis on time frame pricing etc I started looking elsewhere. At this point I am between the Volvo S60 and the G70. I am equally interested in both, at least until I sit in both vehicles, they should come out around the same time. In order for me to take a deal is to get a lease payment of 1% of MSRP. At this point I am between the 2.0 Elite at 39k or T5 R Design at 43k. Time will tell!
A 1% of MSRP lease payment with 12k miles and zero down? Taxes included? Remember that you have to add $950 Destination plus another $650 Acquisition fee. Not counting the dealer fees. That would be almost like a dream. I would say you get a heck of a deal having the 2.0T Elite at $450 a month w/o taxes with zero down.

Last edited:

mochicat

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
A 1% of MSRP lease payment with 12k miles and zero down? Taxes included? Remember that you have to add $950 Destination plus another $650 Acquisition fee. Not counting the dealer fees. That would be almost like a dream. I would say you get a heck of a deal having the 2.0T Elite at $450 a month w/o taxes with zero down.
Have you not heard of leasehackr or the 1% rule?

steelers84

Registered Member
It's hard to listen to the 1% rule that everyone over at leasehackr preaches. Their entire goal is to get the best car for the money, they don't care about what model they end up with. Getting this car for the best deal is a totally different animal.

In its simplest form, we need to hope it leases absolutely nothing like the stinger.

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
The 1% rule is good and all, but I doubt you'll be able to do that on a G70 for a long while. Maybe when the 2020s are about to come out, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

mochicat

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The 1% rule is good and all, but I doubt you'll be able to do that on a G70 for a long while. Maybe when the 2020s are about to come out, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.
True. But this is good for an index to measure against.

larrymg1

Registered Member
Lexington South Carolina
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Right now Genesis G80 has the worst MF in its history (around .00126-.00196 depending of the state and zip code) Residual is bad as usual (50%-52% on 12k miles) but lease cash incentives are high (around $5500 or more )
Let's see how it goes with the G70
Where is your data derived from?

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
True. But this is good for an index to measure against.
Good index is $125 or less monthly lease payment per $10,000 MSRP (tax not included) in a 36/12k lease and that index gets you around $487 w/o taxes on the 2.0t Elite. Out of that it's called an Awesome lease and I really don't expect that on a new model car.

Last edited:

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Good index is $125 or less monthly lease payment per $1000 MSRP (tax not included) in a 36/12k lease and that index gets you around $487 w/o taxes on the 2.0t Elite. Out of that it's called an Awesome lease and I really don't expect that on a new model car.
Do you mean per $10,000? Otherwise, that would get extremely expensive.

mochicat

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Good index is $125 or less monthly lease payment per $1000 MSRP (tax not included) in a 36/12k lease and that index gets you around $487 w/o taxes on the 2.0t Elite. Out of that it's called an Awesome lease and I really don't expect that on a new model car.
My target is sub $450 on 2.0T Sport 8AT RWD, 36/10k. We will see.

BlancaGenny

Been here awhile...
Dayton, OH
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Did you checkout the V90? Besides the Panamera Sport Turismo, I think it's the best looking wagon on sale today.V90.jpg

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums