G70 LED vs Stock Turn & Reverse Lights

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Okay. So I ended up buying a set of LASFIT LED bulbs to replace the rear turn signals, and reverse lights. Here are the links where I bought them...

Rear Turn Signals: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CMT1Q6Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=salsbloofnot-20

Reverse Lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079M2QPPL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=salsbloofnot-20

The bulbs are very nice. They feel like a quality product and offer a lot of features (ie heat sinks, CANbus integration, built in resistors [turn signals only]). You can see how they stack up against the OEM bulbs, a bit taller and bigger...18598

Installation is just about as easy as any other newer car. You must remove the taillight assembly first, then install the replacement lights. I made a video for those of you who haven't done anything like it before. It's pretty straightforward, though... (Installation is reverse of removal, obviously) If you do end up watching it, forgive my shaky cellphone video, I suck at multitasking and one handed camera operation. :druff:

How-To Install

Now, onto the comparisons!

Turn Signal LED vs OEM

Reverse Lights LED vs OEM

Hope this helps anyone who is interested. For me, they are perfect. They are definitely brighter than stock, but I don't think they're too bright. Worth the upgrade in my opinion!

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This is a wonderful and very easy mod. This car really needs those LED lights. Thanks for sharing.
So although I see the difference and it’s quite easy to do...can you share why one would do this?

If you are a random person sitting in their car behind me...what does it do? I’m just trying to understand is all.

Does it look more refined? Perhaps more Euro? More futuristic look? Just plain old cool?

I think I will do this 👍

Do we know if these will last? Any chance they die off after a month or two?

Thanks

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I read some reviews on the products you got. The backup lights are said to be really bright...so that is a good thing...see better, etc.

But...as for the turn signal...folks are saying they are too bright. What are your thoughts if you really stand behind and stare for a while?

Also...in regards to the blinkers...saw a few reviews say they start to hyper-flash after a while. So if you are stuck in traffic, etc. Remedy is to kill blinker...let bulb cool...and turn back on. Have you witnessed that? Perhaps try it out.

This bulb is very bright and I love that there is a built-in resistor; no need to splice in a separate resistor. HOWEVER the bulbs start to hyper flash after 2minutes of continuous use (sitting at a long traffic light). A quick remedy is to cancel your signal, let the bulb(s) cool off for a few seconds and then it should be back to normal. I hope that LASFIT will improve the circuitry. So I give them four stars because it's really bright and built-in resistor but will only last 2mins of continuous use before hyper blinking.

Nd1017

Registered Member
So I read some reviews on the products you got. The backup lights are said to be really bright...so that is a good thing...see better, etc.

But...as for the turn signal...folks are saying they are too bright. What are your thoughts if you really stand behind and stare for a while?

Also...in regards to the blinkers...saw a few reviews say they start to hyper-flash after a while. So if you are stuck in traffic, etc. Remedy is to kill blinker...let bulb cool...and turn back on. Have you witnessed that? Perhaps try it out.
I've had these same bulbs installed since DEC. Still have not burnt out or encountered hyper flashing on the turn signals. So for durability gets a 👍 from me

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I've had these same bulbs installed since DEC. Still have not burnt out or encountered hyper flashing on the turn signals. So for durability gets a 👍 from me
What’s the longest you’ve had the blinkers going consecutively? Over 2 minutes? 5? Etc.

Nd1017

Registered Member
What’s the longest you’ve had the blinkers going consecutively? Over 2 minutes? 5? Etc.
Probably around 5 mins when I had to have the hazards on in a downpour. Didn't see any hyper blinking.

Edit: I stand corrected. Forgot that the signals blink when using remote start. So I've actually gone the full 10 mins on remote start. Car shut off on me as I walked up to it lol. But I was blinking at regular rates

Last edited:

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Probably around 5 mins when I had to have the hazards on in a downpour. Didn't see any hyper blinking.

Edit: I stand corrected. Forgot that the signals blink when using remote start. So I've actually gone the full 10 mins on remote start. Car shut off on me as I walked up to it lol. But I was blinking at regular rates
Sold. Thanks

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

IMHO they are brighter than what I would like them to be. I put that on my review on Amazon. (I gave them 4 stars because of this) but the bulbs are very well made and what the heck, there are no better options.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
IMHO they are brighter than what I would like them to be. I put that on my review on Amazon. (I gave them 4 stars because of this) but the bulbs are very well made and what the heck, there are no better options.
If too bright...the better option is to not do it 😜

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So what about this?

If you are a random person sitting in their car behind me...what does it do? I’m just trying to understand is all.

Does it look more refined? Perhaps more Euro? More futuristic look? Just plain old cool?

Nd1017

Registered Member
I agree with Todd. I’m never gonna be behind myself to see it but IMO it looks more premium and fits the cars aesthetic. Also I wanted a brighter reverse light to see when I’m backing up figured I’d replace in 1 go.

KusaKusa

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I wasn't very convinced when I saw the last video of LED turn signals on this board, but this looks solid, Todd. The way the LEDs hard turn on and off vs. the cheap feeling fade from the incandescents is really nice.

My perspective on the advantage of this, even if you never see the turn signals yourself, is that you can drive around with confidence that people won't think you're a plebian for your incandescent turn signals.

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I really enjoy the look of the turn signals and reverse lights. But 50$ for some LED bulbs is kinda steep. I found some on AliExpress that promise to work well and have good feedback. I am going to buy them in the next few days to start the 2 month wait for them.

Here's a link for the turn signals, there is good feedback on the product and similar ones: Link
Here is also a link for reverse lights I was thinking of: Link

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I really enjoy the look of the turn signals and reverse lights. But 50$ for some LED bulbs is kinda steep. I found some on AliExpress that promise to work well and have good feedback. I am going to buy them in the next few days to start the 2 month wait for them.

Here's a link for the turn signals, there is good feedback on the product and similar ones: Link
Here is also a link for reverse lights I was thinking of: Link
MUCH cheaper! Let us know how they work out!