G70 Maps v14.5

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just in case anyone is curious, V14.5 is out. Only change is to add additional roads to the internal nav along with some POI cleanup

Ernie3647

Been here awhile...
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Middletown NY
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Right now the download function does not work. I have contacted support. Waiting for a fix from support. It will look like it's working but it loads nothing.

Adman

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I downloaded the update today to a new SD card for the first time. For those that have performed updates should I insert the new card before I start the engine and select update or should I start the car and then switch the SD cards? Does it matter?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I downloaded the update today to a new SD card for the first time. For those that have performed updates should I insert the new card before I start the engine and select update or should I start the car and then switch the SD cards? Does it matter?
Don't think it matters. I've always done it running and drove the car while it is doing its thing. While updating you don't have the radio or the camera but drives fine.

Adman

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks Ed. I just finished the update and it took approximately 20 minutes. I noticed differences in the System Info screen that makes me a little nervous I did something wrong. Before the upgrade I had two additional lines on the screen -

Map Ver. and Device ID. Those two lines are now gone. I have attached a picture of my current screen. Before the update the Map Ver was displaying NAM.12.47.xxx

I downloaded the update using the downloader tool I installed on my PC. It allowed my to download the update without entering my VIN or Device ID.

This is on a 2020 G70 3.3t. Anyone perform the latest update and receive different results?
IMG_4583.jpg

Adman

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ok, Stupid user mistake. When I re-read my post I noticed the scroll bar on the side of the screen. If I scroll down the Map Ver. and Device ID are displayed. Not sure why it doesn't fit on one screen anymore.

One more question. My Map Ver. now states 13.47. Does this number indicate the true version? I thought the latest release was 14.5.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Ok, Stupid user mistake. When I re-read my post I noticed the scroll bar on the side of the screen. If I scroll down the Map Ver. and Device ID are displayed. Not sure why it doesn't fit on one screen anymore.

One more question. My Map Ver. now states 13.47. Does this number indicate the true version? I thought the latest release was 14.5.
Odd system but yes, 13.47 is the 14.5 update. No idea whey they number them the way they do. Version 14 was 13.41.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
possibly because the don’t release every version they program, but they still need to track those versions

MrMegadeth

Registered Member
Houston, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
One is the commercial version, v14.5...14th midterm release... And the other the internal build ID.

Happens in software all the time.

Redwing

Registered Member
Northville, MI
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just because I'm curious, did they fix the glitch with climate control options (CC controls still showed though) not showing? I got the previous latest version on the card, and it didn't work. Downloaded version did. I should know myself in a couple of days since I requested a new sd card and it's on its way. I still haven't done the download route... will do if there is something I really use.

Seems like this update is mostly POIs? We'll see if a couple of streets got added or not.

mrcleeaan

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just because I'm curious, did they fix the glitch with climate control options (CC controls still showed though) not showing? I got the previous latest version on the card, and it didn't work. Downloaded version did. I should know myself in a couple of days since I requested a new sd card and it's on its way. I still haven't done the download route... will do if there is something I really use.

Seems like this update is mostly POIs? We'll see if a couple of streets got added or not.
It did fix the glitch with the climate control.

HAVRED

Registered Member
Toronto, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Here in Toronto GTA Speed Limit been dropped 10 kms from 50 to 40 and from 40 to 30 kms/h on pretty much all busy streets and school areas. New version doesn't include this since still showing previous Road Speed Limit. I sent a report to MapnSoft. Is annoying specially with UHD use where speed limit is posted as well.

Redwing

Registered Member
Northville, MI
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Here in Toronto GTA Speed Limit been dropped 10 kms from 50 to 40 and from 40 to 30 kms/h on pretty much all busy streets and school areas. New version doesn't include this since still showing previous Road Speed Limit. I sent a report to MapnSoft. Is annoying specially with UHD use where speed limit is posted as well.
If it's annoying, a short term fix is to shut off Speed limit display. Good luck.

Steve Pickard

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ordered this morning and had a tracking number a half hour later. I wonder if my street will be on it after 3 years.
I just bought a new 2019 g70. Is the update alaccomplished? Or should I do so now. Anyway to confirm one way or the other.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums