G70 Mistaken for an Audi

edyago

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thread starter #1
From this small bit, some peopled called it correctly but others called it an Audi.
1529192013671.png
I'm surprised at how many people got it right though.
phone comments g70 audi.jpg

KDX

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I had a lady say to me yesterday that she didn't know cars very well, liked mine and then asked if it was a Porsche.

Mr. Incredible

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
People are clueless. I had people call my Lexus RCF a Mustang more than once and when I corrected them they would say stupid things like ‘well they all look the same’.

Even has one douche yell at me that I needed to take the Lexus badging off my fake Mustang because Lexus doesn’t make couples and I was embarrassing myself.

edyago

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thread starter #5
I was mostly impressed by people getting it right. The audience is mostly American so for people to call it correctly when it isn't even common or available is neat. Shows that marketing has been working out.

Mr. Incredible

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
People are clueless. I had people call my Lexus RCF a Mustang more than once and when I corrected them they would say stupid things like ‘well they all look the same’.

Even has one douche yell at me that I needed to take the Lexus badging off my fake Mustang because Lexus doesn’t make couples and I was embarrassing myself.

lol coupes, damn auto-correct

edyago

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thread starter #8
Make sure Linus doesn't get to close so he doesn't drop anything on that beautiful car.

And that pink Lambo in the front is awesome.
Ha, I park beside him pretty often. The one I ACTUALLY worry about is Taran. He's a pretty bad driver.

Blue Train

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Most people that ask what car I am driving mistake it for a Bentley. That is nice company. :)
Honestly, the first time I saw the winged Genesis logo on a car trunk years ago, I thought some guy had put an emblem from a Bentley on his Hyundai Genesis. Soon later I learned this was an option on the car at the time.

devellis

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Honestly, the first time I saw the winged Genesis logo on a car trunk years ago, I thought some guy had put an emblem from a Bentley on his Hyundai Genesis. Soon later I learned this was an option on the car at the time.

Funny, I thought it was a Chrysler badge the first time I saw it. I've always liked the look of a winged car badge. It's attractive and connotes speed and freedom. Genesis has done a nice job with that motif.

Gianttama

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
my wife's friend and my colleague thought we got a Bentley.

Ed Okin

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Here’s something I’m trying to figure out.

What current sedan is closest in length and width to the G70?

G70 ~
Length.: 184.5 in.
Wheelbase: 111.6 in.
Width: 72.8 in.
Height: 55.1 in.

I’ve looked at BMW 3 series, Audi A4, Lexis IS, Mercedes C class and nothing matches. A couple are similar in length atound 184-ish, but nothing that length is as wide as 72.8.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Here’s something I’m trying to figure out.

What current sedan is closest in length and width to the G70?

G70 ~
Length.: 184.5 in.
Wheelbase: 111.6 in.
Width: 72.8 in.
Height: 55.1 in.

I’ve looked at BMW 3 series, Audi A4, Lexis IS, Mercedes C class and nothing matches. A couple are similar in length atound 184-ish, but nothing that length is as wide as 72.8.
G70 is known for its wide stance...which is awesome.

What is the Q50 at?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.