• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

G70 Owner's Manual

jlin101

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Has anyone been able to download G70 Owner's Manual in PDF? English, of course. The only manual available from Genesis Korea is Korean, even when the menu is in English. It's a shame that more and more auto makers make owner's manual only available to actual owners.

mikemu30

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Has anyone been able to download G70 Owner's Manual in PDF? English, of course. The only manual available from Genesis Korea is Korean, even when the menu is in English. It's a shame that more and more auto makers make owner's manual only available to actual owners.
How about they make the car available first??

jlin101

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
How about they make the car available first??
LOL, of course. I am so bored by all the waiting, having watched most of the G70-related videos, non-English ones included, multiple times that I want to look at the owner's manual.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ anything you need to know from the OM? i could look for the info in my OM if there's something specific you're after...

jlin101

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
^ anything you need to know from the OM? i could look for the info in my OM if there's something specific you're after...
Ha ha, I was just very bored and just curious to know stupid things like rear turn signal and reverse light bulb types so I can get a "head-start" looking into LED replacement. Very silly, I know...

Miked218

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm buying a G70 3.3t Sport AWD model and want to switch out the wheels and tires. I live in Chicago. Am I able to install front 255/35/19 and rear 275/35/19 without damaging the car in any way like the suspension or electronic controls or voiding any of the warranty and/or genesis services that is included when you purchase the car?

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm buying a G70 3.3t Sport AWD model and want to switch out the wheels and tires. I live in Chicago. Am I able to install front 255/35/19 and rear 275/35/19 without damaging the car in any way like the suspension or electronic controls or voiding any of the warranty and/or genesis services that is included when you purchase the car?
Are you planning on doing this on the stock rims? You can only fit a 245 with the front and then 255 on the rear because they are only 8 an 8.5 inch wide respectively.

If you plan to go with aftermarket rims you will have to do some measuring depending on what wheels and spec you want to get. I am unsure whether it will be a problem with the all wheel drive system

Miked218

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Are you planning on doing this on the stock rims? You can only fit a 245 with the front and then 255 on the rear because they are only 8 an 8.5 inch wide respectively.

If you plan to go with aftermarket rims you will have to do some measuring depending on what wheels and spec you want to get. I am unsure whether it will be a problem with the all wheel drive system
I'm buying the Malloca Blue and aftermarket wheels. They are the Ferrada FR2 19x8.5/10.5 Matte Bronze Concave Wheel for the front and 19x9.5 for the rear. Then putting these tires on the wheels on the front
Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 255/35ZR-19
and on the rear
Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 P275/35R-19

nsyedhasan

Registered Member
Toronto
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'm buying the Malloca Blue and aftermarket wheels. They are the Ferrada FR2 19x8.5/10.5 Matte Bronze Concave Wheel for the front and 19x9.5 for the rear. Then putting these tires on the wheels on the front
Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 255/35ZR-19
and on the rear
Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 P275/35R-19

View attachment 18507
Again I am unsure about the AWD system but I would take measurements and check offsets to make sure the wheels actually fit. I am unsure about how much clearance there is.

Chris411

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Would you sell the rims that came with the car? Are they the 19” 5 spoke grey rims?

KurticusRex

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
May I ask which dealer you're working with, or planning to work with, in the Chicagoland area? I'm in the north part of the city, and planning to get a 3.3t Sport AWD as well in June as I'm waiting for my company bonus. I'd be moving on a purchase now or May except I just got my taxes done and had to cut a check to the Feds for $7,300 after getting a $2K return the year prior. New tax laws absolutely killed me and took my down payment with it!

I've been in contact with 2 dealers so far (North Aurora and Glenview). Both have been responsive so far by email, so hope that bodes well for when it comes time to buy. But I'm curious who you've talked to and the experience so far. Best of luck in your purchase!

Miked218

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
May I ask which dealer you're working with, or planning to work with, in the Chicagoland area? I'm in the north part of the city, and planning to get a 3.3t Sport AWD as well in June as I'm waiting for my company bonus. I'd be moving on a purchase now or May except I just got my taxes done and had to cut a check to the Feds for $7,300 after getting a $2K return the year prior. New tax laws absolutely killed me and took my down payment with it!

I've been in contact with 2 dealers so far (North Aurora and Glenview). Both have been responsive so far by email, so hope that bodes well for when it comes time to buy. But I'm curious who you've talked to and the experience so far. Best of luck in your purchase!
I put in a deposit for a factory direct order through Rosen Genesis in Algonquin. I'm working with an experienced sales representative of over 11 years in the business. He has been the most educated, informed, responsive, straight forward rep out of all the Chicagoland and Suburban dealerships and I talked with or had face to face communications with all of them. He had worked the most for my business and had answered every question I've had and I've had many. He won't lie and won't sugar coat anything either. If he my know the answer he won't make up an answer, he goes direct to his Genesis factory Corp rep for the answer. The dealership owner is also one of the very few who is on the Genesis board so they get a good deal of attention and responsiveness from Genesis. I haven't bought a new car in 20 years. I also use to be a Finance and Sales Manager at a dealership 25 years ago. There is a dealership 3 miles from my home and I'm not only buying from a dealership 23 miles away (40 minutes) because of my sales rep. He also just got back from earning an awards trip to South Korea a few weeks ago for being one of a select few top Genesis sales people. I highly recommend at the very least communicate with him and see if you feel the same as I do with your confidence in him for your purchase. Remember you are spending a lot of money for this car and you should be treated like the exciting and proud moment it is. The overall experience is just as important as the transactional experience in my opinion. Below is his contact information.
Jon Muehl
jmuehl@rosenautogroup.com

KurticusRex

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I put in a deposit for a factory direct order through Rosen Genesis in Algonquin. I'm working with an experienced sales representative of over 11 years in the business. He has been the most educated, informed, responsive, straight forward rep out of all the Chicagoland and Suburban dealerships and I talked with or had face to face communications with all of them. He had worked the most for my business and had answered every question I've had and I've had many. He won't lie and won't sugar coat anything either. If he my know the answer he won't make up an answer, he goes direct to his Genesis factory Corp rep for the answer. The dealership owner is also one of the very few who is on the Genesis board so they get a good deal of attention and responsiveness from Genesis. I haven't bought a new car in 20 years. I also use to be a Finance and Sales Manager at a dealership 25 years ago. There is a dealership 3 miles from my home and I'm not only buying from a dealership 23 miles away (40 minutes) because of my sales rep. He also just got back from earning an awards trip to South Korea a few weeks ago for being one of a select few top Genesis sales people. I highly recommend at the very least communicate with him and see if you feel the same as I do with your confidence in him for your purchase. Remember you are spending a lot of money for this car and you should be treated like the exciting and proud moment it is. The overall experience is just as important as the transactional experience in my opinion. Below is his contact information.
Jon Muehl
jmuehl@rosenautogroup.com
Thank you, sincerely, for the thoughtful reply. I will definitely contact him and let him know I got a referral from "Mike" on the Genesisowners.com forum. Not that he'll be able to connect the dots necessarily, but at least I'd like to give you credit for the referral. I agree w/you that the buying experience is important when spending a chunk of change on something like a car. I also used to work in automotive finance, but on the corporate side, for Lexus, so I appreciate good service and reps who care about their customers' experience, not just closing the deal and moving on.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums