G70 road trip range

Clarence Oveur

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hello all, I am considering a G70 3.3t and was curious what kind of range is reasonable to expect for long freeway cruises at reasonable speeds (70-80)? Also, anyone have an idea of the instant MPG at a steady state 75 mph? I know it is not exact but it will give me something to compare it to with my current vehicle.

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Range is gonna be rubbish due to the small tank. I'd expect to get at least 24 MPG while on the highway like that.

joschneider

Registered Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hello all, I am considering a G70 3.3t and was curious what kind of range is reasonable to expect for long freeway cruises at reasonable speeds (70-80)? Also, anyone have an idea of the instant MPG at a steady state 75 mph? I know it is not exact but it will give me something to compare it to with my current vehicle.
You can get 28 mpg if you’re steady with it and keep it in comfort/eco with CC

joschneider

Registered Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Range is gonna be rubbish due to the small tank. I'd expect to get at least 24 MPG while on the highway like that.
Why are you quoting people so low? Also the small tank has nothing to do with MPG. Highway mileage is 27-28 easy on the 3.3

Clarence Oveur

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
One of the initial reviews I read about the G70 from one of the American magazines indicated the 4 cyl observed mpg was only 1 mpg more than the 6 cyl which I thought was odd. There is usually a much wider spread...

broervudu

Registered Member
SF Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You can get 28 mpg if you’re steady with it and keep it in comfort/eco with CC
Joschneider's statement is accurate. Here's a pic below on single tank on a 5 1/2 hour drive, it's amazing how other people like to throw half baked comments without any substantive support or proof. The below was mostly on cruise set to 77 mph. I choose 77 mph as guesstimate to avoid getting pulled over, the RPM's at the speed was around 1950.

Last edited:

Clarence Oveur

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks broervudu. Looks like with that kind of mileage and a full tank, your trip computer is indicating 341 miles

Falldog

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You literally said 24, nothing about higher. Don’t shake your head at me when you’re in the wrong
"at least"

I don't see why you're being so argumentative over this. At least try and properly interpret what I said first. smh

broervudu

Registered Member
SF Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks broervudu. Looks like with that kind of mileage and a full tank, your trip computer is indicating 341 miles
The 341 is the cars guess.

I actually got 361 miles on the tank and was low and had just filled up when I took the pic.

Nice pic of the Gulia!

FLnak

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Why are you quoting people so low? Also the small tank has nothing to do with MPG. Highway mileage is 27-28 easy on the 3.3
His post mentioned small tank in context of range.... not MPG. Re-read the post (unless it was edited after the fact). Tank size will most certainly affect range.

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The 3.3T on highway can do around 25-28 MPG if you cruise between 70-80 MPH but the gas tank is small (around 16 gal) so the G70 3.3T range is not the best.

ikonn

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I was originally very concerned about the low mileage and small tank. Now at 19000km (12000 miles), the small tank is still not great and mileage is just ok for combined city/highway even in Eco.

But after driving over 3500km (2000 miles) from Ontario to South Carolina and back, I got almost 30 mpg. I was very impressed. I just hope that trip computer is accurate.

FFF889BF-3F3C-4922-8884-AFD7E3098A5A.jpeg

A0AF1A6D-6A87-4C38-B323-62BC79F4D791.jpeg

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^Yup. If you drive a bit slower you'll get even better mileage. Or you can be like me and increase the tire pressure a little bit to eek out a tiny bit better gas mileage. I average 30+ mpg when I'm on the freeway in ECO mode (~65mph), when there's little to no traffic. My car is AWD. My tires are at 40psi, cold.

I'm wondering if after I've changed my intake and exhaust I'll get even better freeway mileage? We will see.

Soma

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The MPG is largely determined by how actively you are trying to save gas. I've found that CC can be rather wasteful at times (compared to my driving) because it is trying to keep at a specific speed rather than reading traffic ahead and coasting. I've seen as high as 28mpg on my trip screen while commuting to work (~25 miles, 80+% highway)

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I drove 225 miles to a destination and back (450 total) over the past several days--stopping for a break. Averaged 28.5 on the trip (Comfort mode and some Sport mode) and no effort at all to try to save on gas. In fact I intentionally accelerated as fast as possible on ramps, etc.; had cruise control on--which took me a bit to adjust (it intentionally slows down for those in front of you and you have to move over). Average speed 75-80 And, some city driving mixed in.
I am pleasantly surprised that, with no effort, the average was 28+ miles per gallon.

Last edited: