• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

G70 Tire Pressure Sticker

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just discovered that my G70 Design Edition has the wrong sticker on the door frame for the factory tire pressures. The car comes with 18" wheels and tires, but the sticker is for a 19" staggered setup! Seems pretty dumb.
I was wondering if others had this same mistake on their cars. Is the sticker put on at the factory, or by the stealer?

IMG_20191007_131906.jpg

I found the correct info (hopefully) in the owner's manual, and it's different from the staggered 19" setup. Should be 36 F and 39 R.
I did a cut and paste below, didn't turn out great, but:

8-4
Inflation Pressure
Normal Load
Front Rear Front Rear
Full size tire
All vehicle 225/45R18 8.0J x 18
250 (36) 270 (39)

mtmtmt

Registered Member
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
You got me curious, so I had to check.
The sticker is for 18" wheel/tires.
My G70 has 18" all around.

Last edited:

joschneider

G70 Member
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just discovered that my G70 Design Edition has the wrong sticker on the door frame for the factory tire pressures. The car comes with 18" wheels and tires, but the sticker is for a 19" staggered setup! Seems pretty dumb.
I was wondering if others had this same mistake on their cars. Is the sticker put on at the factory, or by the stealer?

View attachment 23876

I found the correct info (hopefully) in the owner's manual, and it's different from the staggered 19" setup. Should be 36 F and 39 R.
I did a cut and paste below, didn't turn out great, but:

8-4
Inflation Pressure
Normal Load
Front Rear Front Rear
Full size tire
All vehicle 225/45R18 8.0J x 18
250 (36) 270 (39)
im pretty sure this is put on at the factory. we had a member with one white door panel on a black interior a while ago so seems like a mistake they could make

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
im pretty sure this is put on at the factory. we had a member with one white door panel on a black interior a while ago so seems like a mistake they could make
Geez. I'll have to see if the dealer can get the right one. I've seen stickers on other cars that included the info for multiple tire sizes. That would have been easier and made more sense.

Draco-REX

Parts Monkey
Ohio
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Geez. I'll have to see if the dealer can get the right one. I've seen stickers on other cars that included the info for multiple tire sizes. That would have been easier and made more sense.
They should be. I can't check availability right now, but there is a part# so it should be orderable.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah. Hopefully the wheels you have are the wheels you're supposed to.
They are, 18x8, same style as shown in the pictures for the Design Edition.

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
It's also AWD (maybe all the Design Editions are?). I've got the dark, 20 spoke wheels.
However, you've got me curious now, so I did some Google searching. I do see at least one site that shows it with 19" ten spoke wheels. Hmmm...

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Upon further digging, it appears that there are RWD Design editions, and they come with 19" ten spoke wheels. Not sure if they are staggered or not.
I find it very hard to get much info online, such as a sales brochure, for the limited edition models. I do have one in a drawer somewhere.

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There are RWD Design Editon with 19" staggered 10 spoke wheels. Here you have a pictured I took back in January at one dealer parking lot. If you zoom in you can read the sticker.
20190108_112623.jpg

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
There are RWD Design Editon with 19" staggered 10 spoke wheels. Here you have a pictured I took back in January at one dealer parking lot. If you zoom in you can read the sticker.
View attachment 24274
Thanks, so that confirms it. My AWD car apparently got the tire pressure sticker for a RWD model.
I told the service manager they could put on a set of 19" wheels if that was easier than ordering the proper sticker. 😂

danygenesis

Genesis owner
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks, so that confirms it. My AWD car apparently got the tire pressure sticker for a RWD model.
I told the service manager they could put on a set of 19" wheels if that was easier than ordering the proper sticker. 😂
Your car has a sticker of an AWD with 19" wheels like an AWD Sport or AWD Dynamic. RWD cars with 19" have the same PSI front and rear but AWD cars have 2 PSI more in the front because of the engine/tranny weight.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums