G70 vs C43 and M2

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So...I have personally beat the C43 AMG on two occasions now. What is the M2 at? 4.1 or 4.2 seconds?

I figure with my JB4...I’ll be M3 territory. AF Gulia Q is 3.8. Cannot wait!!

Tdefrees

Registered Member
Utica, IN
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So...I have personally beat the C43 AMG on two occasions now. What is the M2 at? 4.1 or 4.2 seconds?

I figure with my JB4...I’ll be M3 territory. AF Gulia Q is 3.8. Cannot wait!!
New M2 is 405hp/406lbft @ approximately 3600lbs. It received an upgrade to the s55 engine which has killer top-end. I wouldn't be surprised if someone hit 3.9 secs 0-60 stock. This is why we need N works to work their magic on the G70! Think I'm also going JB4 in the meantime.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
New M2 is 405hp/406lbft @ approximately 3600lbs. It received an upgrade to the s55 engine which has killer top-end. I wouldn't be surprised if someone hit 3.9 secs 0-60 stock. This is why we need N works to work their magic on the G70! Think I'm also going JB4 in the meantime.
JB4 in the 3.3T is probably 3.8 seconds if not better. Map 2.

Map 3 (fuel addition) plus exhaust, etc...perhaps a 3.6 second car. Crazy.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
JB4 in the 3.3T is probably 3.8 seconds if not better. Map 2.

Map 3 (fuel addition) plus exhaust, etc...perhaps a 3.6 second car. Crazy.
I don't think you'll get 3.6 that easily. You're going to have to shed a lot of pounds for that. Removing back seats, passenger seat etc.
Unless you rework the engine components too!

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
pretty good. about what i expected. the M2 is a little rocket, but smaller and lighter than the G70 and with more power. a different beast. i strongly considered an M240i before the G70 but they are just too small for a practical DD.

the AMG has a killer soundtrack, best of the 3 IMO. so it has that going for it at least.

these KDM videos are goofy.

Rmsanger

Hasn't posted much yet...
I’m test driving an M2 comp this weekend. I’d also like to test a 240mxi very as well.

My local dealers can get a g70 here fast enough. I’m also planning to test a stinger gt2 on the same day I do a g70.

There is also a S5 Sportback cpo that is priced well near me as well. Very tempting to kick the tires on that.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I’m test driving an M2 comp this weekend. I’d also like to test a 240mxi very as well.

My local dealers can get a g70 here fast enough. I’m also planning to test a stinger gt2 on the same day I do a g70.

There is also a S5 Sportback cpo that is priced well near me as well. Very tempting to kick the tires on that.
Nice! I'd be interested to see what you think of the M2. I sat in one at my local auto show, but never ended up doing a test drive from my local dealer. I was considering it for quite some time before going with the G70!

Rmsanger

Off to test drive the M2 comp and a 240i xdrive cabrio. Both are priced above the g70 so they better be damn good.

Test drove an Rdx aspec last night in pearl blue and red interior. I was blown away and likely the wife will push hard for that one. Not a great comp with sport sedans but handled much better than most cuvs with tons of practicality. Good back seat space and no tunnel hump which the dog would love.

Last edited:

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Looks pretty dang nice on the outside! Too much red, for me, on the interior. Definitely would be very practical.

My wife loves my car, but she's looking for an SUV as well. I've been pushing for her to get into a Volvo XC40. She likes what she's seen online so far.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I test drove the RDX A-Spec before I bought the G70. It's a really nice and practical vehicle. This is one of the best Acura vehicle's in a long time. If you're looking for more passenger and cargo room, this is a really good choice.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

Rmsanger

Test drove both the M2 and 240xi this weekend. Overall the M2 is one of the best vehicles I’ve driven without a stick. From a DD and practicality perspective the M2 is a super hard ride and you feel every defect in the road. Getting a child seat in the back is doable but you must do it in the center and move both seats forward (to where it gave me an uncomfortable driving position).

The 240xi cabrio was a great ride as well (softer than the M2) and less linear power but sounded nice. Overall I liked the 440xi in Cabrio better as it was overall a much more luxurious cruiser.

My wife still will push for the RDX but hoping the G70 comes through soon. My local dealer says any week now!

Rmsanger

Test drove an ‘18 Merc E400 coupe yesterday (Lunar Blue Metallic exterior and Macchiato Beige/ Yacht Blue Leather) my god was it a thing of beauty. It’s a CPO exec demo and they want $60k but they sales rep indicated they are motivated on price to move it.

My g70 test drive is coming up but I might need to get more aggressive on the Merc. It was nowhere near as sporty as the BMWs I drove but way more luxurious. The Biturbo 6 made a great sound and the adjustable dampers made a huge difference in the handling. It’s going to be a tough decision and I’m anxious to get this done soon.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.