• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

G70 wheel & tire replacement

Bytor

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I managed to jack up my wife's brand new G70 front right wheel the other day by scraping a curb... Design Edition with the 19" grey machined aluminum wheel, Pilot Sport 4 tire (225/40 ZR19). I called the local Roseville Hyundai service department to get a quote - came back with $1020 plus tax which would include balance and alignment. Seems a bit high - a search of internet suppliers finds the wheel and tire at around a little over $600 (if they really can get the parts)... so labor at just over $400 to swap out the pressure sensor and balance/align? Does this sound unrealistic? I realize it's the dealership and they will come in higher than anyone else...

And then the practically new (but scraped) wheel and tire (2000 miles) - what to do with that? Could I even find a buyer for such an item since it's unique to such a limited run of car... but messed up?

mcrean3

Hasn't posted much yet...
Rock Hill, SC
Get it repaired. My wife did much more damage to a Stinger GT Rim than what you are showing, had it repaired at a shop called Alloy Wheel Repair, and i can't even tell where the issue was anymore. Cost $150, it is amazing. Best $150 bucks i ever spent.